Troubleshooting Guide - Creating and Editing Goals
The information within this guide may also be useful in configuring security settings around goals to allow for them to be managed exclusively by administrators and/or managers.
Main Goals Page
Navigate to the user's Goal Page underand check to see if the goal is marked by an asterisk. If so, the goal is a shared goal and can only edited by the Goal Manager/Owner.
- Go to .
- Select the user’s division and confirm the Allow goals to be edited after creation option is checked for the user’s division.
- Go to .
- Select User’s Division and confirm the Read Only checkbox is checked for the sub-sections of the goal.
User's Goal Page: Goal Locked
- Navigate to .
- Search for the Default Role for Every User or any other security role that should have permission to create and edit goals.
- Edit the security role and navigate to the Permissions step.
- Check to see if the Goals - Create permission is included within the user's security role. Without this option, the user will not be able to create their own goals.
- If the permission is not included in the role, click the Add Permissions option to search for and add the permission:
If checking none of the above areas resolve your issue, open a case with Global Product Support and list the following information within the case description:
- The user ID of the user who cannot see or edit goals
- The title of a sample goal that cannot be edited
- The user ID of the user who had assigned the goal to the employee