When requesting feedback from the Universal Profile: Feedback page, users may be able to request feedback in which the feedback provider selects a rating. Administrators are able to define the rating scale that is used for feedback questions that use a rating system.
To edit the overall rating scale for feedback requests, go to Overall Rating Scale section, click the Edit icon next to the section heading.. In the
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
If multiple languages are available for the portal, the rating scale titles can be localized by selecting the appropriate language from the Language drop-down menu. The titles for the administrator's default language must be entered prior to translating the titles for other languages.
When a rating scale is configured for the very first time, it inherits the language of that administrator and that language is considered to be the default language for the rating scale. See the Rating Scale Default Language Use Case for additional information.
Rating Scale Default Language Use Case
- Sara is an administrator based in the United States where the default language is US - English and she is defining the rating scale for the very first time.
- When Sara sets the scale from 1-5 and submits the rating scale, then US - English is configured as the default language for the rating scale.
- Philippe is an administrator based in France where the default language is French - France, and he logs in to the system and updates the rating scale that is shared with Sara.
- Philippe is required to change the language in the drop-down menu to French - France and update the text to his specification.
- A few days later, Sara realizes that she needs to update the rating scale from 1-5 to 1-7 rating. She logs in, makes the change, adds the text for the two added ratings and submits the rating scale changes.
- When Philippe logs in to update the rating scale, he sees two new blank lines added to the rating scale, which account for the ratings added by Sara that have no translations. Philippe is prompted to add translations to the newly added lines.
The scale determines how many rating options are available to feedback providers when responding to rating questions. This field is required, and the maximum value for this field is 15.
When this field is modified and the administrator moves the cursor from the field, the rating table is automatically updated based on the number of ratings to be used. Additional rows appear for every point on the defined scale.
Include N/A rating
When this option is selected, a scoreless value titled N/A is included in the rating scale. This rating option can be selected by feedback providers if the question does not apply to the user or if there is no other rating option that is applicable to the user.
This table displays all of the rating options and their text titles. The number of rating options that are available is dependent on the value entered in the Scale field.
In the Title fields, enter a text title for each rating value.
Selectto commit any modifications to the rating scale, or select to discard any unsaved changes.
When the rating scale is modified, the new rating scale settings are only applied to feedback requests that are created after the modifications are saved. Any existing feedback requests will continue to use the rating scale that was set when the feedback request was created. Note: Changes to rating titles are immediately reflected in new and existing feedback requests.