User types enable organizations to designate different types of workers within their organization. All user types are pre-defined with default names and categories so that specific functionality can be associated with user types within the system. Additional user types cannot be created. Although the system uses pre-defined user types, administrators can configure the user type names to match their organization's terminology.
For Employee, Contractor, Temporary, and Intern user types, administrators can create subtypes. This enables organizations to further designate different types of workers within their organization.
To access the User Preferences page, go to.
- To create a new user subtype, click the User Subtypes section. This opens the Add User Subtype pop-up. button in the
- To edit a user subtype, select Options drop-down menu. from the
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|User Preferences - Core Information: View||Grants ability to view the User Preferences administrator page. This permission does not allow administrators to modify the preferences. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Core Administration|
|User Preferences - User Types and Subtypes: Manage||Grants ability to manage User Types and Subtypes on the User Preferences administrator page. Administrators must also have the User Preferences - Core Information: View permission to access the User Preferences page. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Core Administration|
Enter the following information for the user subtype:
- User Subtype - Enter the user subtype name, up to 100 characters. This should clearly describe the type of users who are associated with the user subtype. This is required. If multiple languages are enabled for your portal, select the Translate icon to translate the field into other available languages.
- User Type Category - From the drop-down, select the type associated with the subtype. For example, select Contractor when creating a contractor subtype. If the subtype has been associated with a user, then this field can no longer be modified. The ability to create a user subtype is only available for the following user types: Employee, Contractor, Temporary, and Intern.
- Active - When a user type is active, it can be selected when creating or editing a user. If a user type is deactivated, the user type continues to be associated with the user. However, inactive user types cannot be selected when creating or editing a user.
Save or Cancel
Clickto save the user subtype and return to the User Preferences page. Or, click to discard any unsaved changes.