Authentication Preferences enable administrators to specify whether users authenticate/re-authenticate using their system credentials or network credentials that are validated against a client-configured Service Assertion Markup Language (SAML) server. Organizations must have SP-initiated SAML SSO implemented in their portal to utilize this functionality.
To access Authentication Preferences, go to.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
The Credentials option enables administrators to specify whether users authenticate/re-authenticate themselves using their system credentials or network credentials that are validated against a client-configured SAML server. The settings are only applied when authentication is enabled within a workflow.
Select one of the following options:
- CSOD credentials - This option is selected by default. When this option is selected, users must authenticate themselves using their system (Cornerstone OnDemand) credentials.
- Other credentials validated against client SAML/IDP server - This option is only available when at least one SAML/IDP server has been configured in the portal. When this option is selected, users must authenticate themselves using their network credentials.
- SAML/IDP server URL - From the drop-down menu, select the appropriate SAML/IDP server that should be used for user authentication.
Select this option to overwrite custom settings for child division OUs. If you overwrite custom settings for child division OUs, the selected settings are applied to both new and existing child OUs. Any previously customized child OUs are updated with the selected settings.
- If there are no customizations to the child OU, then the parent OU customizations are applied to all child OUs.
- Overwrite custom settings checkbox setting
- If this option is selected, all child OU customizations are deleted from the database, which means the parent OU customizations will be applied to new and existing child OUs.
- If this option is unselected, all existing child OU customizations will remain unchanged, and any new child OUs will inherit the parent OU customizations by default.
- If a child OU has been customized to display any widgets, then regardless of the parent OU customizations, the child OU customizations are applied.
- If a child OU has been customized to hide all widgets, then parent OU customizations will take precedence and will be applied.
Save or Cancel
Clickto save any unsaved changes. Or, click to discard any unsaved changes.