Authentication Preferences enable administrators to specify whether users authenticate/re-authenticate using their system credentials or network credentials that are validated against a client-configured Service Assertion Markup Language (SAML) server. Organizations must have SP-initiated SAML SSO implemented in their portal to utilize this functionality.
To access Authentication Preferences, go to.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
The Credentials option enables administrators to specify whether users authenticate/re-authenticate themselves using their system credentials or network credentials that are validated against a client-configured SAML server. The settings are only applied when authentication is enabled within a workflow.
Select one of the following options:
- CSOD credentials - This option is selected by default. When this option is selected, users must authenticate themselves using their system (Cornerstone OnDemand) credentials.
- Other credentials validated against client SAML/IDP server - This option is only available when at least one SAML/IDP server has been configured in the portal. When this option is selected, users must authenticate themselves using their network credentials.
- SAML/IDP server URL - From the drop-down menu, select the appropriate SAML/IDP server that should be used for user authentication.
Select this option to overwrite custom settings for child division OUs. If you overwrite custom settings for child division OUs, the selected settings are applied to both new and existing child OUs. Any previously customized child OUs are updated with the selected settings.
- If this option is unselected, then only the child OUs that do not have customized settings are updated, as well as any OUs that are added in the future.
- A child OU that has not been customized always inherits from the parent, regardless of whether this option is selected.
- An OU is considered customized if its preferences or settings have been changed.
Save or Cancel
Clickto save any unsaved changes. Or, click to discard any unsaved changes.