Use Case - Adding Users to Performance Review Task after Initial Task Launch Date
In these examples, an administrator is looking to add users to a Performance Review task that is currently In Progress, or set up an automated process to assign Performance Reviews on an on-going basis.
- Scenario 1: A user was accidentally omitted from the Performance Review Task
- Scenario 2: A Performance Review task is configured to assign to new hires 30 days after their Hire Date
Scenario 1: A user was accidentally omitted from the Performance Review Task
ABC Company launched a Performance Review task on a prior date to a group of users defined in the task Availability Criteria. User Jeff Martin was not included in the original Availability Criteria selection and was later found to be eligible for the Performance Review task.
- The administrator navigates to the Performance Review Task Administration page, and clicks the Add Users icon next to the desired task. This icon is only available for tasks that still have an open Task Period.
- The administrator searches for and selects Jeff Martin’s name, and then clicks Done to finalize her selection. She also checks the Dynamically Assigned checkbox next to the performance review task. Then, she clicks on the Save button from the task administration page.
- The system will process and add Jeff Martin into the Performance Review task within 24 hours. Users are added to Performance Review tasks as part of a nightly (Pacific Standard Time) system process.
- The next day, the administrator clicks the View Details icon next to the task from the Task Administration page to verify that Jeff Martin has been successfully added. The administrator types in Jeff’s User ID to locate him within the task. If Jeff appears under the task details, he has been successfully added.
- Finally, the administrator then unchecks the Dynamically Assigned checkbox from the Task Administration page to stop processing any new users into the Performance Review task.
Scenario 2: A Performance Review task is configured to assign to new hires 30 days after their Hire Date
- Ventonix Co. wants to create a Performance Review task that assigns to all new hires 30 days after each users' original hire date. This configuration helps administrators avoid creating a new 30-day task each time a new employee joins the organization.
- The administrator first creates a dynamic group titled 2016 New Hires, which includes group criteria to identify all users whose hire date is on or after January 1, 2016. The administrator waits for the group to process to ensure all the appropriate users have been added to the Group, and then navigates to the Performance Review task administration page to create a new Performance Review Task.
- When creating the performance review task, the administrator selects a Task Period from January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016, so the task can be assigned at any point throughout the year. The administrator then selects a relative due date of 10 days from when the review is assigned. Under the Assignment Criteria section, the administrator sets the review to be assigned 30 days after each employee’s contract start date. Under the Review Period section, the administrator selects the option of "The review period will be based on when the Employee's review is assigned." The review period is then set to start one day after the task assignment date and end after thirty days.
- In the Availability section of the performance review task, the administrator selects the previously created group called 2016 New Hires. As new users are added to the system with a hire date on or after January 1, 2016, they will meet the criteria of the group and be dynamically added to the Performance Review task.
- The administrator configures the rest of the performance review task as desired and saves it.
- On the Task Administration page, the administrator checks the Dynamically Assigned checkbox and saves her changes. As long as this box is checked, new users who meet the criteria of the 2016 New Hires group throughout the year will be added to the Performance Task for their 30 day review on an ongoing basis, even after the task has originally launched.