This page applies if the Redesigned Development Plans functionality is enabled.
Development plan categories enable users to categorize their development plans. From the Development Plan Categories page, administrators can create, view, edit, and manage development plan categories.
To access the Development Plan Categories page, go to, and in the Development Plan section, select .
Add Development Plan Category
To add a development plan category, follow these steps:
- Select the button. The Add Development Plan Category flyout opens, where you specify the category name. The character limit for this field is 256. If multiple languages are enabled for your portal, you can provide localized content for all available languages. The category name must be populated for the default language.
- After entering a name, select the button. The new category appears in the list of categories.
- After you create a development plan category, you must add them in the Development Plan Categories section of Development Plan Preferences to make them available within a development plan. See Development Plan Preferences (Redesign) - Overview.
Change Active Status
To make a development plan category active or inactive, select or deselect the Active option next to the category. This action is automatically saved. Development plan categories are active when this option is selected. When a category is inactive, it is not available for selection within the system.
Development Plan Category Options
For each existing category, in the Options column you can perform the following actions:
- Localize/Edit - Either the Localize or Edit option is available for each item.
- Localize - If multiple languages are enabled for your portal, select the Translate icon to translate the field into other available languages. This option also enables you to edit the category name for the default language.
- Edit - If multi-language is not enabled, select this icon to edit the category name. This opens a flyout in which you can modify the name.
- Delete - Select this icon to delete the development plan category. A confirmation pop-up opens. This option is only available if the category is not in use.