This page applies if the Redesigned Development Plans functionality is enabled.
Development plan activity types enable users to categorize their development plan activities. From the Activity Types page, administrators can create, view, edit, and manage development plan activity types.
To access the Activity Types page, go to, and in the Development Plan section, select the link.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Development Plan Activity Types - Manage||Grants ability to create and edit activity types used in the development plans and templates. This is an administrator permission.||Performance - Administration|
Add Activity Type
To add an activity type, follow these steps:
- Select the button. The Add Activity Type flyout opens, where you specify the activity type name. The character limit for this field is 256. If multiple languages are enabled for your portal, you can provide localized content for all available languages. The activity type name must be populated for the default language.
- After entering a name, select the button. The new type appears in the list of activity types.
- After you create an activity type, you must add them in the Activity Types section of Development Plan Preferences to make them available within a development plan. See Development Plan Preferences (Redesign) - Overview.
Change Active Status
To make an activity type active or inactive, select or deselect the Active option next to the type. This action is automatically saved. Activity types are active when this option is selected. When a type is inactive, it is not available for selection within the system.
Activity Type Options
For each existing activity type, in the Options column you can perform the following actions:
- Localize/Edit - Either the Localize or Edit option is available for each item.
- Localize - If multiple languages are enabled for your portal, select the Translate icon to translate the field into other available languages. This option also enables you to edit the category name for the default language.
- Edit - If multi-language is not enabled, select this icon to edit the activity type name. This opens a flyout in which you can modify the name.
- Delete - Select this icon to delete the activity type. A confirmation pop-up opens. This option is only available if the activity type is not in use.