This page applies if the Redesigned Development Plans functionality is enabled.
Use the Activity Types page to manage the development plan activity types that enable users to categorize their development plan activities. Administrators can create, view, edit, and manage development plan activity types.
To access the Activity Types page, go to, and in the Development Plan section, select the link.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Development Plan Activity Types - Manage||Grants ability to create and edit activity types used in the development plans and templates. This is an administrator permission.||Performance - Administration|
Add Activity Type
To add a new activity type:
- Select the button.
- On the Add Activity Type flyout, enter the appropriate name. The character limit for this field is 256. If multiple languages are enabled for your portal, you can provide localized content for all available languages. This is a required field.
- Click . The new type appears on the Activity Types main page.
After you create an activity type, you must add it in the Activity Types section of Development Plan Preferences to make it available within a development plan. See Development Plan Activity Types (Redesign).
The name of the activity type.
To make an activity type active or inactive, select or deselect the Active option next to the type. This action is automatically saved. When a type is inactive, it is not available for selection on the Development Plan Preferences page or on a user's development plan.
For each existing activity type, select the appropriate icon:
- Localize/Edit - Either the Localize or Edit option is available for each item.
- Localize - If multiple languages are enabled for your portal, select the Translate icon to translate the field into other available languages. This option also enables you to edit the category name for the default language.
- Edit - If multi-language is not enabled, select this icon to edit the activity type name. This opens a flyout where you can modify the name.
- Delete - Select this icon to delete the activity type. A confirmation pop-up opens. This option is only available if the activity type is not active.