Email Calendar Options
Calendar options are available in Email Administration and for custom emails for sessions.
Calendar options provide seamless integration with a user's Outlook or Google calendar. Administrators can configure calendar meeting emails not only to add sessions to a user's calendar but also manage updates to the session. This functionality is available from any device used to manage one's Outlook or Google calendar, such as a PC, laptop, mobile phone, or tablet computer.
1. Calendar Options
The following options are available in the Calendar Options field:
- Meeting invite - This option sends the email as a meeting invite with the standard meeting options. For sessions containing several parts, one meeting invitation is sent for each part. For Google Calendar meeting invites, the event is automatically added to the user's calendar and set to busy even if no response is provided. The meeting responses do not affect the user's registration status in the system. The event name displays in the meeting invite title and the description displays the body of the email trigger. The meeting organizer is the email address entered in the From address field when configuring the email via Email Administration. The maximum number of 8,192 characters can display in the event description. Any additional characters are removed. Any users in the CC field also receive a meeting invite. The email recipient can respond to the invitation as follows:
- Yes - Selecting this option keeps the event on the user's calendar with a Yes status.
- Maybe - Selecting this option keeps the event on the user's calendar with a Maybe status.
- No - Selecting this response removes the event from the user's calendar. This does not affect the user's registration status.
- Calendar attachment - Selecting this option sends the email with a calendar attachment. For sessions containing several parts, one email is sent containing an attachment for each part. The meeting organizer mentioned in the attachment is "No reply." When the attachment is opened and saved, the session is automatically added to the user's calendar.
- None - This option is selected by default. Selecting this option sends the email without calendar features.
- Reminder (Outlook only) - The reminder functionality only applies to Outlook meetings.
2. Multi-part Sessions
If the email is configured as meeting invite for multi-part sessions, each session part triggers an individual email.
If the email is configured with calendar attachment, a single email is sent containing one attachment for each part.
3. Emails Triggered When Editing a Session Part
Refer to the Session Changed email trigger table in Section 5 - Email Triggers to learn more about emails triggered when editing a session part.
4. Email Format
On the Create New Email page for emails that support calendar options, Email Format options are available. The administrator can choose between the following two radio button options:
- Outlook - Select this option to ensure the email meeting invitation will be formatted correctly for Outlook.
- Other - Select this option to ensure the email meeting invitation will be formatted correctly for other email providers, such as Gmail, Yahoo, and others. This option is selected by default.
5. Emails Triggers
The Calendar Options and Email Format options are only available for the following email triggers:
|EMAIL NAME||EMAIL DESCRIPTION||ACTION TYPE|
|Cancel Registration (with withdrawal penalty)||In the Event/Session Details step, there is a Penalty for Withdrawal column. There is an Add Withdrawal Penalty link that opens up text boxes to apply a percentage or dollar amount, and the amount of days prior to the Session date when the user cancels, where these would be applied. Once a user withdraws from a Session, the selected recipients will receive this email, and the withdrawal penalty is applied.||Instructor Led Training|
|Cancel Registration (without withdrawal penalty)||In the Event/Session Details step, there is a Penalty for Withdrawal column. If the Add Withdrawal Penalty is not selected, and the user withdraws from a Session, the selected recipients will receive this email stating that no withdrawal penalty has been applied.||Instructor Led Training|
ILT Session is cancelled. This email will only fire for current/upcoming sessions and will not fire if the session dates were in the past when the session was cancelled.
The REASON.CANCEL.SESSION tag is available for the Cancel Session email so that the reason entered by the administrators when the session was cancelled can be included in the email. This tag will display the reason selected in the drop-down by the administrator who cancelled the session.
|ILT Session becomes Available||Session is approved and available for enrollment. If this email is created with a Send To of "Interested users," it will trigger an email to users on the Interest Tracking list if the users are included in the session availability criteria for the session when that session is created.||ILT Administration|
|ILT Session Register||
Once a user registers for an ILT session, this email can be sent to the student, approvers, assignors, instructors, and anyone else who would need information about the registered session. This email will not be triggered after the session start date, regardless of the session end date.
This email does not include Accept or Deny options when it is sent as a calendar invitation because this email does not interact with the Cornerstone system. It is designed to only allow recipients to save the session to their calendar.
|Instructor Led Training|
The Session Changed email is triggered if the following session fields were changed: Part Name, Part Description, Advanced Registration Settings, Instructor, Location, No Show Penalty, Pre-work/Post-work/Prerequisite Details, Session Charge Date, Start or End Dates and Times, and Waitlist Deadlines.
The following conditions can be used with this email:
This email is sent when the following conditions are met:
When using the condition TIMETABLE.CHANGED or INSTRUCTOR.CHANGED, the email is only triggered if the change concerns at least one current or future part
Note: When the Session Changed email is configured as a meeting invitation, the email will only trigger for parts that are current or in the future.