Calendar options are available in Email Administration and for custom emails for sessions.
Calendar options provide seamless integration with a user's Outlook or Google calendar. Administrators can configure calendar meeting emails not only to add sessions to a user's calendar but also manage updates to the session. This functionality is available from any device used to manage one's Outlook or Google calendar, such as a PC, laptop, mobile phone, or tablet computer.
The following options are available in the Calendar Options field:
- Meeting invite - This option sends the email as a meeting invite with the standard meeting options. For Google Calendar meeting invites, the event is automatically added to the user's calendar and set to busy even if no response is provided. The meeting responses do not affect the user's registration status in the system. The event description displays the body of the email trigger. The maximum number of characters that will be displayed in the event description is 8,192. Any additional characters are removed. Any users in the CC field also receive a meeting invite.
- Yes - Selecting this option keeps the event on the user's calendar with a Yes status.
- Maybe - Selecting this option keeps the event on the user's calendar with a Maybe status.
- No - Selecting this response removes the event from the user's calendar. This does not affect the user's registration status.
- Calendar attachment - Selecting this option sends the email with a calendar attachment. When the attachment is opened and saved, the session is automatically added to the user's calendar.
- None - This option is selected by default. Selecting this option sends the email without calendar features.
- Reminder (Outlook only) - The reminder functionality only applies to Outlook meetings.
When configuring meeting invites for multi-part sessions, each session part triggers an individual email.
Emails Triggered When Editing a Session Part
When editing a session part, the following updates trigger a new email:
- A new session part is added.
- A session part is cancelled.
- The time, name, or location of a session part is modified.
On the Create New Email page for emails that support calendar options, Email Format options are available. The administrator can choose between the following two radio button options:
- Outlook - Select this option to ensure the email meeting invitation will be formatted correctly for Outlook.
- Other - Select this option to ensure the email meeting invitation will be formatted correctly for other email providers, such as Gmail, Yahoo, and others. This option is selected by default.
The Calendar Options and Email Format options are only available for the following email triggers:
|EMAIL NAME||EMAIL DESCRIPTION||ACTION TYPE|
|Cancel Registration (with withdrawal penalty)||In the Event/Session Details step, there is a Penalty for Withdrawal column. There is an Add Withdrawal Penalty link that opens up text boxes to apply a percentage or dollar amount, and the amount of days prior to the Session date when the user cancels, where these would be applied. Once a user withdraws from a Session, the selected recipients will receive this email, and the withdrawal penalty is applied.||Instructor Led Training|
|Cancel Registration (without withdrawal penalty)||In the Event/Session Details step, there is a Penalty for Withdrawal column. If the Add Withdrawal Penalty is not selected, and the user withdraws from a Session, the selected recipients will receive this email stating that no withdrawal penalty has been applied.||Instructor Led Training|
ILT Session is cancelled. This email will only fire for current/upcoming sessions and will not fire if the session dates were in the past when the session was cancelled.
The REASON.CANCEL.SESSION tag is available for the Cancel Session email so that the reason entered by the administrators when the session was cancelled can be included in the email. This tag will display the reason selected in the drop-down by the administrator who cancelled the session.
|ILT Session Register||
Once a user registers for an ILT session, this email can be sent to the student, approvers, assignors, instructors, and anyone else who would need information about the registered session. This email will not be triggered for events or sessions which occurred in the past.
This email does not include Accept or Deny options when it is sent as a calendar invitation because this email does not interact with the Cornerstone system. It is designed to only allow recipients to save the session to their calendar.
|Instructor Led Training|
The Session Changed email is triggered if the following Session fields were changed: Advanced Registration Settings, Instructor, Location, No Show Penalty, Pre-work/Post-work/Prerequisite Details, Session Charge Date, Start or End Dates and Times, and Waitlist Deadlines.
Note: Session Changed emails will only fire when the change is made before or on the session's Start Date. If a change is made after the session Start Date, the Session Changed email will not fire.
A COMMENT email tag appears as an option for this email. This tag will display the comments entered by the session administrator or instructor when the changes for this session were saved.