Administrators can enable the PayPal Payment Gateway (Early Adopter) integration to calculate taxes dynamically using the Cybersource Tax Calculator integration.
Flinn is the business process owner and administrator at ACME Corporation, which is a well-known provider of software engineering courses. They are using Extended Enterprise to sell the content. ACME is required to collect varying taxes on most of their sales. Their catalog has been configured to work with Cybersource as the payment gateway.
With the PayPal tax calculator, Flinn enables the PayPal Payment Gateway integration to accept payments, with confidence that ACME's complex tax rules will be respected.
Use Case 2: New Tax Calculation User
Khalil is the business process owner and administrator of Ventonix Enterprises, which is a well known provider of training content. Ventonix wants to sell content to the public, but must be compliant with various tax rules in order to do so. Because the PayPal Payment Gateway integration can be configured to dynamically calculate taxes, Khalil is able to create a new account with Cybersource, configure tax rules, and then enable the PayPal Payment Gateway integration to accept payments.
- Organizations using the PayPal Payment Gateway integration who wish to use the dynamic tax calculator are responsible for contracting with Cybersource to establish a Tax Calculation account. See: https://www.cornerstoneondemand.com/marketplace/cybersource
- If Tax Calculation with Cybersource is enabled, organizations using the PayPal Payment Gateway integration are responsible for disabling any PayPal tax rules that have already been configured.
- Your organization will need a PayPal business account in order to use the Cybersource Tax Calculator.
- Organizations will need to have Cybersource enabled in two different environments:
- Tax fields for PayPal transactions will flow to Standard Reports, Custom Reports, and Reporting 2.0.
In order to utilize this functionality, the PayPal Payment Gateway integration must be enabled, and your organization must create an account with Cybersource.
- For more information about configuring the PayPal Payment Gateway integration: See PayPal Payment Gateway Integration Enablement.
- For more information about creating a Cybersource account: https://www.cornerstoneondemand.com/marketplace/cybersource