Workday Core Data Inbound Integration
The Workday Core Data Inbound integration is for organizations using Workday as the source for their HCM data. This integration enables organizations to manage organizational units (OUs) and users in Workday, and have those changes flow into the Cornerstone system automatically. The inbound integration runs nightly (US-Pacific) and can be triggered on demand.
This integration includes the following functionality:
- One-way transfer of OUs and users from Workday to Cornerstone
- Ability to trigger the integration on-demand
- Map Workday Organization Types to Cornerstone Standard and Custom OUs
- Define the Workday Hierarchy to use for a Standard OU
- Deliver Summary Notification Emails to a subscribed list
- Differentiate between Contingent workers and Employees via Custom OU
- Use Workday's Eligibility Criteria to filter which user records are sent to the Cornerstone system
- Configure User Record custom text fields
- Populate user termination dates.
- Ability to select the name preference, Legal or Preferred, to populate in Cornerstone from Workday. Preferred name is the default value.
- Organizations have the option to override the pre-mapped configuration of first name, last name, and prefix. This is helpful for organizations that need to accommodate for family name prefix, such as organizations in Germany, Netherlands, and Belgium. This is also helpful for organizations using English and Chinese names.
- Allow contingent workers to sync into Cornerstone on their hire date or one week prior to their hire date, depending on the defined setup on the Settings page.
- Organizations have the option to sync organizational units (OUs) only, users only, or both OUs and Users.
The following validations are supported:
- The system validates Override Field Mapping and Custom Field Mapping configurations; if invalid data is detected, an error message is displayed upon saving the Settings page, and an email notification is sent.
- An email notification is sent when invalid OU configuration/settings are detected at start of OU sync run.
- If the User sync fails, the system automatically attempts to sync unprocessed user records in the next successful sync. This does not include user records that failed to sync due to a validation error, such as missing a required field.
Select this link to download the Workday Core Data Inbound Integration Guide.
How Does this Enhancement Benefit My Organization?
This integration provides seamless management of employee and organizational unit (OU) data in Cornerstone through Workday.
It is recommended to implement the integration on your test environment prior to production environment.
The integration is available to install in the Edge Marketplace for a fee.
For organizations that are using the previously existing, legacy Workday Core Data Inbound integration, enablement information is available in the Resources section above.
For new integrations, this integration is available for self-activation via Edge Marketplace and Integrations. Organizations must have an existing contract with Workday. Starter Guides and Migration instructions are included with the integration in Edge Marketplace.
The following existing permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Edge Integrations - Manage||Grants access to the Integrations service for Edge Integrate where the administrator can configure, enable, and disable their third-party integrations that are used within the Cornerstone system. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Edge|