Edge Import is a robust, intuitive data load tool that enables customers to manage their data loads in a self-service manner. With Edge Import, customers have the ability to map, validate and load data into their Cornerstone application using flat files. Customers can also set up data feeds to automatically load these flat files such as employee or transcript data from an external system into the Cornerstone application.
An inbound data feed is a scheduled data feed that can be from an external system to the Cornerstone system. Data files for an Inbound Data Feed can be delivered on a regularly scheduled basis to the Cornerstone FTP server (SFTP/FTPS).
An Edge Import data feed often contains multiple files. For example, a feed may contain several organizational unit data files and an employee data file. Data sets are related to each other, and so a logical import sequence is essential to successfully complete a data feed. For example, Edge import should import and update the organizational unit data before importing and updating employee data. The execution sequence is handled automatically by Edge Import's Dependency Resolution functionality. This system ensures all data files are executed based on their dependencies and data relationships. As a result, some records may appear as "Not Valid" at the start of the processing due to missing relationships which may be included in the remaining files or data. Edge Import will process the records again at a later stage in the processing.
Edge Import Migration Guides
- Core Loads Migration - Select this link to download the Edge Import Core Loads Migration Guide.
- Learning Loads Migration - Select this link to download the Edge Import Learning Loads Migration Guide.
Edge Import Starter Guides
- Capabilities - Select this link to download the Edge Import Capabilities Starter Guide.
- Compensation - Select this link to download the Edge Import Compensation Starter Guide.
- Learning - Select this link to download the Edge Import - Learning Starter Guide.
- Performance - Select this link to download the Edge Import Performance Starter Guide.
- Recruiting - Select this link to download the Edge Import Recruiting Starter Guide.
- User & OU Loads and Feeds - Select this link to download the Edge Import User & OU Loads and Feeds Starter Guide.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes. The data feed execution process removes the relevant files from the FTP source.
The following information is available within this folder. Click a link to navigate directly to the appropriate topic: