Material Source - File
Design Note: An updated interface is available for this page, which can be enabled by administrators in Feature Activation Preferences. With the new design, the functionality of the page is unchanged.
To create a material, go to Create a New Material link. See Material - Create/Edit (Versioning with Append).. Then, click the
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
In the Material Source section, select the Upload Material radio button. Then click the Add Material link to add a material document. This opens the Upload File pop-up. Browse for and select the appropriate document. The following file types are supported: doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, pdf, pps, ppsx, zip, jpg, jpeg, and gif. The maximum file size is 50 MB.
Once a file is selected, it appears below the Add Material link.
- The file name appears in an editable field and can be modified. The character limit is 120.
- If multiple languages are enabled for the portal, a Localization drop-down appears to the right of the URL field. From the drop-down, administrators can select one or more of the available languages to associate with the file. At least one language must be selected for each file. Also, each language can only be associated with a single file.
- The maximum number of files that can be added is equal to the number of available languages for the portal.
- A file must be provided in the material's default language, which is the language of the administrator who created the material.
After modifying the attachment as necessary, click the Cancel icon to close the Edit Upload window, or click the Save icon to save the file to the material.
- When a user views the material, the file appears for their configured language.
- If no file is specified for a language, then the file for the material's default language is displayed.
When uploading a new material source file on the General page, the file is not saved until the administrator saves the material. As a result, the title of the material source file displays as text until the material is saved. Once the material is saved and the General page is viewed, the material source file displays as a link, and administrators can click the source file to open the file.
After a file is saved, it appears in view mode. The file's selected languages appear to the right of the file name. The file name is displayed as text until the material is saved. Once the material is saved and the General page is viewed, the material source file displays as a link, and administrators can click the source file to open the file.
- To edit the file's localized name or the associated languages, click the Edit icon . The file name and localization options become editable.
- To delete the file, click the Delete icon . A confirmation pop-up appears.