This section enables administrators to view and manage attachments for the learning object (LO). The visibility of each attachment can be determined by the administrator. For example, some attachments may be visible to only administrators, while other attachments may be visible to all users. In addition, attachments can be made visible to users only if they are registered for the corresponding LO. This section is only available for users that have permission to view or manage LO attachments.
To add an attachment to a training item, go to Edit option. Attachments are added on the General page of the Course Catalog.. Search for the training item you want to modify and click the Options drop-down next to the item. Select the
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Course Catalog - View||
Grants access to view the learning objects in the course catalog and enables administrators to view the Course Console and the Popular Requests and Highest Rated widgets on the Learning Admin Console (in conjunction with the Learning Admin Console - View permission). This permission can be constrained by OU, User's OU, Training Type, Training Item, Provider, ILT Provider, User's ILT Provider, and User's LO Availability. This is an administrator permission.
Adding an OU constraint and a provider constraint to this permission results in an "AND" statement.
|Learning - Administration|
|LO Attachments - Manage||Grants ability to upload attachments to learning objects. Administrators with this permission are automatically granted the LO Attachments - View permission. This permission can be constrained by User's ILT Provider, Provider, and ILT Provider. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
|LO Attachments - View||Grants ability to view the learning object attachments that are set to be available to administrators. This permission can be constrained by User's ILT Provider, Provider, and ILT Provider. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
Users with permission to manage LO attachments are able to view and manage the attachments, while users who only have permission to view attachments can only view the documents that have been attached to the LO. This section is hidden if the user does not have permission to view or manage LO attachments.
To attach a document to an LO, click thelink. This opens the Upload File pop-up.
Click thebutton to locate and select the appropriate document. Then, click to close the pop-up and attach the selected documents. After a file is attached to the LO, the administrator can configure the attachment title and visibility. The maximum file size is 15 MB, and attachments are limited to the following file types:
After a file is uploaded to the LO, the administrator can configure the attachment title and visibility. To edit an attachment, click the Edit icon to the right of the attachment title. The attachment title and visibility options become editable.
- Attachment Title - In the text field, enter the display name for the attachment, up to 300 characters. This is the name that is visible to all users, instructors, or administrators who have permission to view the attachment. Note: Only the first 75 characters display in the Resources section. Hover over the attachment title to view the full attachment title. However, the full attachment title is visible on the LO Details page.
- Set Visibility - Using the checkboxes, set the visibility for the attachment. When a user is included in the attachment visibility, the user can view and open the attachment. The following visibility options are available:
- Admin - This option is selected by default and cannot be unselected. This option enables all administrators who have permission to view or manage attachments to view the corresponding attachment.
- Instructor - This option is only available for session LOs. This option enables primary and secondary instructors for the corresponding session to view the attachment. Instructors can view attachments on the Session Defaults, Session Details, and Session Roster pages.
- Registered Users - This option enables users who are registered for the corresponding LO to view the attachment. Attachments remain visible to users after they move past the Registered status (e.g., Complete). Registered users can view attachments on the Transcript Details page.
- All Users - This option enables all users to view the attachment. This includes users who are browsing anonymously. All users can view attachments on the LO Details page.
Click the Save icon to save the changes or click the Cancel icon to discard any unsaved changes.
Attachment - View
This functionality is only available to users with permission to view LO attachments.
When an LO has attachments, they appear in the Resources section based on the date on which the document was attached, with the oldest attachments appearing first. The visibility settings for the attachment are displayed to the right of the attachment title.
Administrators can click the attachment title to open the attachment.
Attachment - Remove
This functionality is only available to users with permission to manage LO attachments.
When an attachment is removed, it is no longer available anywhere in the system.