Pre-work is only available for Online Class, Quick Course, Material, Test, and Video LOs. This section enables administrators to set pre-work. Pre-work should be completed prior to completing this LO. Note: Pre-work is also available for Sessions via Manage Events & Sessions.
To add pre-work, follow these steps:
- Click the link.
- Search for training by keyword by entering full or partial title or description in Keyword field and click .
- Click the Add icon to add training.
Note: If you have permission to restrict the Select Training pop-up, the learning objects visible to you are dependent upon the availability set with this permission.
- Add free form training if applicable by entering title in Free Form Training field.
- Click . Then click .
- Repeat steps to add more free form training.
Check Req. (required) for each training item that is required for the completion of the class. If the user completes the training item but not the required pre-work, the status will be Pending Pre-Work until the pre-work is completed. By default, the Req. checkbox is checked.
- Enter number for the training sequence in the Seq. free-text box for each LO to set a required sequence for the training.
- If there is a required sequence, users will not be able to request training until the training which is before it in the sequence is completed first.
- If no numbers are entered, students may take all the pre-work training in any order or all at once.
- The LO's will be displayed in this sequence on the Training Details page