Workflow Engine - Manage Flowchart Activities
Use the Table page to manage Flowchart activities. You can view activities, add, edit, and delete activities.
There are two ways to manage workflows:
Via Flowchart - The workflow is displayed in a chart view. Each activity is presented as a box and dependencies are shown as lines which are connecting boxes.
Via Table - The workflow is displayed in a table view. Each row within the table represents an activity and dependencies can be identified in the Next Activity column.
To create a new workflow, click See Workflow Engine - Enter/Edit Workflow Name and Description.on the Create a Workflow page.
To edit a Flowchart Activity, go to Note: You can only edit workflows in Saved as Draft status., select the ellipses for the workflow you want to edit, and click Edit.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Workflow Engine - Workflow Library - Manage||Grants access to view, edit, and publish workflows in the Workflow Library. This is an administrator permission.||Workflow Engine|
Add an Activity to the Flowchart
- User Activities - Form Completion and Approval. These activities are assigned to (and completed by) a user.
- System Activities - If/Then, Split, Merge, Save Data, and End Workflow. The user is not required to take any action to complete these activities. are System Activities.
To add an activity:
- Select the plus sign. The New Activity panel opens.
- Select an activity and complete the fields:
- Approval - This activity is used to Approve, Deny, or Deny and Return the Form Completion activity in a workflow. This activity can be assigned to:
- Employee Relationships:
- Cost Center Owner
- Indirect Manager
- Organizational Units
- When added to a workflow the Approval activity allows you to create follow-up activities if approval is Approved or Denied. Complete the following:
- If/Then - This activity allows you to choose an Organization Unit where you want to route further workflow activities. If a user meets the criteria, they move forward down a specific branch. When added to a workflow the Approval activity allows you to create follow-up activities if users meet the specified criteria. Complete the following:
- (optional) Add a Title and Description.
- Select OUs that determine the activity criteria.
- Form Completion - This activity uses forms from your existing Manage Forms to manage employee data. It can be assign to a User, to one of the following Employee Relationships:
- Cost Center Owner
- Indirect Manager
- Organizational Unit
- Complete the following:
- Enter a Title. You can enter up to 100 characters.
- (optional) Enter a Description. You can enter up to 500 characters.
- Select the Form to complete.
- Select the Assignee.
- Split Activity/Merge Activity- This activity splits the execution of a workflow into multiple parallel branches containing independent activities. After the Split activity is added to a workflow, and a Form Complete activity added to each branch, use the Merge Activity to join the parallel branches into a single execution path.
- Save Data /End Workflow - The Save activity is used to save employee data changes in a workflow execution. The End activity is used to identify the end of workflow or workflow branch. This activity signals to the system that a workflow is done.
Edit Flowchart Activities
Use the Activity table to view, add, edit, and delete activities.
The Activity table displays the following information:
- Activity# - The system-generated activity number.
- Title - The name of the activity.
- Activity Type - The type of activity.
- Outcome - The outcome of the selected activity.
- Next Activity - The number of the activity that follows the selected activity.
The following options appear for each activity:
- Add Activity - Add an activity to the Flowchart. This option is only visible for workflows with no activities.
- Manage - Review or adjust configuration details for current workflow steps.
- Delete - Delete the selected activity from the workflow.