The View Data Preferences page allows you to configure the following preferences for View Data:
To access View Data Preferences, go to.
This section allows you to select the OU options that will display in the Organization filter. By default, up to five system OUs display in the Organization filter on the View Data page: Division, Position, Grade, Cost Center, and Location. You can use the Organization Filters section in View Data Preferences to determine if you would like different or additional OUs to display, such as custom OUs.
To define the OU filter options:
- Click . This opens the Select OU Type to Add pop-up.
- Select an OU from the drop-down. The OUs that display are the active system and custom OUs for the portal. Group OUs and multi-type OUs are not available to select.
- Click . This adds the OU to the list of filters.
You can add more OUs by repeating the steps. Up to seven OUs can be added.
You can delete an OU by clickingfrom the drop-down in the Options column.
You can change the order in which the OUs appear in the filter by clickingor from the drop-down in the Options column.
Note: Tenure and Merit Increase (%) are added automatically if available and are not user configurable.
By default, there are no metrics selected to display in the Metrics filter on the View Data page. The metrics must be added in this section in order to appear as filters. The allowable metric types are rating scale, metric grid, formula metrics, and numeric fields.
To add succession metrics:
- Click the button. This opens the Select Succession Metric to Add pop-up.
- Select a metric from the Metric drop-down.
- Click . This adds the metric to the list of filters.
You can add more metrics by repeating the steps. Up to five metrics can be added.
Once succession metrics are added, they display in a table. The following information displays in the table:
- Order - This column displays the order in which the metrics display in the Metrics filter.
- Metric Title - This column displays the name of the metric.
- Metric Type - This column displays the type of metric field.
- Options - The following options display in the options drop-down:
- - Click this option to delete the metric from the filter.
- - Click this option to move the metric up one position.
- - Click this option to move the metric down one position.
Employee Tooltip Configuration
This section allows you to select the OUs that will be included in the tooltip that displays in the scatter graph when a plot point on the graph is hovered over or tapped on a mobile device. By default, the tooltip displays the user's name, as well as the variable on the X and Y axes of the graph. You can add up to two OUs to appear in the tooltip.
If OUs are not added, then the default display in View Data will be Division OU and Position OU.
To configure the tooltip OUs:
- Add one or more OUs in the Organization Filters section of the preferences page.
- The most recently added OU in the OUs list will appear in the first drop-down in the Employee Tooltip Configuration section.
- The second most recently added OU in the OUs list will appear in the second drop-down. Note: The order in which the OUs appear in the OUs table in the Organization Filters section does not determine which OU appears in the drop-downs in the tooltip section.
- If three or more OUs are added to the OUs section, then the drop-downs in the tooltip section allow you to select a different OU for the tooltip.
Clickto save the preference settings.
Choose whether to overwrite custom settings for child division OUs. If you choose to overwrite custom settings for child division OUs, the selected settings are applied to both new and existing child OUs. Any previously customized child OUs are updated with the selected settings.
If this option is unselected, then only the child OUs that do not have customized settings will be updated, as well as any OUs that are added in the future.
A child OU that has not been customized always inherits from the parent, regardless of whether this option is selected.
An OU is considered customized if its preferences or settings have been changed.