From the Requests tab, approvers can access their pending approval requests, view completed requests, and view approval progress. The tab only displays for users with permission to view request items.
To view approval requests, go to. Then, click the Requests tab.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Request Items - View||Allows user to access the Requests tab on the Universal Profile > Actions tab. This permission cannot be constrained.||Universal Profile|
|EMAIL NAME||EMAIL DESCRIPTION||ACTION TYPE|
|Goal Approved||This email is triggered when a user submits a goal or requests to cancel a goal and the request is approved by the approver.||Performance Management|
|Goal Denied||This email is triggered when a user submits a goal or requests to cancel a goal and the request is denied by the approver.||Performance Management|
When a goal approval request is displayed on the Requests tab, the following is displayed for each request:
- Color Strip - The left edge of the action item icon is color coded to represent proximity to the due date of the action item. For example, if the action item due date is past due, then the color strip is red to indicate that action is required immediately. If an action item due date is not eminent, then the color strip is green to indicate that action is not required immediately. See the Color Strip Key section below for additional information.
- Title - This displays the action item title. Click the action item title to open the View Goal or Edit Goal page. The ability for an approver to edit a user's goal is configured by the administrator.
- Date Submitted - This displays the date on which the item was submitted for approval.
- Goal Owner - This displays the name of the user who submitted the goal for approval.
- Status - This displays the current status of the request.
To approve the request, click thebutton . This commits your approval decision for that goal. The goal's status is updated to Approved. If the email is configured, then this action triggers an email notification to alert the user that their goal was approved.
To deny the request, click thebutton . This opens a Deny Request pop-up, in which you must provide comments regarding why the goal is denied. Within the pop-up, enter the reason for denying the goal and click the button. If the email is configured, then this action triggers an email notification to alert the user that their goal was denied.
The following options may be available from the action item drop-down menu:
- View - This option is available if the goal is locked or if managers and approvers are not allowed to edit an employee's goal. This option opens a read-only version of the user's goal. The approver is able to add comments and attachments to the goal. The option to Approve or Deny the goal is available when viewing the goal. See Goal - Approve or Deny.
- Edit - This option is available if managers and approvers are allowed to edit an employee's goal. This option opens the Edit Goals page for the goal. See Goal - Create/Edit.
Color Strip Key
The following colors are available:
- Red - Due today or past due
- Orange - Due within the next seven days, not including today
- Green - Due after seven days