From the Requests tab, approvers can access their pending approval requests. The tab only displays for users with permission to view request items.
To view approval requests, go to. Then, click the Requests tab.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Request Items - View||Allows user to access the Requests tab on the Universal Profile > Actions tab. This permission cannot be constrained.||Universal Profile|
|EMAIL NAME||EMAIL DESCRIPTION||ACTION TYPE|
|Development Plan Approval Denied||This email is triggered when a development plan approval request is denied. The user receives the email stating that their Development Plan Approval Request is denied.||Performance Management|
|Development Plan Approval Granted||This email is triggered when a user's development plan is approved. This email is sent to the user who submitted the plan.||Performance Management|
When a development plan approval request is displayed on the Requests tab, the following is displayed for each request:
- Color Strip - The left edge of the action item icon is color coded to represent proximity to the due date of the action item. For example, if the action item due date is past due, then the color strip is red to indicate that action is required immediately. If an action item due date is not eminent, then the color strip is green to indicate that action is not required immediately. See the Color Strip Key section below for additional information.
- Title - This displays the action item title. Click the action item title to view the user's development plan.
- Date Submitted - This displays the date on which the item was submitted for approval.
- Status - This displays the current status of the request.
- Submitted by - This displays the name of the user who submitted the development plan for approval.
To approve the request, click thebutton . This commits your approval decision for that development plan. The development plan's status is updated to Approved. If the email is configured, then this action triggers an email notification to alert the user that their development plan was approved.
To deny the request, click thebutton . If the email is configured, then this action triggers an email notification to alert the user that their development plan was denied.
The following options may be available from the action item drop-down menu:
- View - Select this option to view the user's development plan. After reviewing the plan, click the button to return to the Requests page.
- Edit - This option may be available depending on the configuration of the development plan. Select this option to edit the user's development plan.
Color Strip Key
The following colors are available:
- Red - Due today or past due
- Orange - Due within the next seven days, not including today
- Green - Due after seven days