Competency Assessment sections allow reviewers to rate competency items, apply comments to competencies, and view previous competency ratings and comments. When a competency assessment is included in a performance review, the competency assessment cannot be completed offline.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
At the top of the performance review, the following performance review details are displayed:
- Performance Review Title - Title of the review. It is configured by the administrator when the review is created.
- Reviewee Photograph, Name, and Title - Reviewee's photograph, name, and position. Click the user's name or photograph to open their Universal Profile in a separate window. See Universal Profile - Bio Overview.
- Review Period - Time period of this review.
- Step Progress - Percentage complete. As review step sections are completed, the step progress is updated to reflect the correct percentage. Sections that require you to enter data complete once all required fields in the section are completed. When a reviewer views a section that does not require any information, the section is considered complete when the reviewer views the section. Note: The Overview page is not included in the completion percentage.
Based on the configuration of the performance review and the reviewer's permissions, options may be available from the Options drop-down menu. See Performance Review - Options Drop-down .
Performance Review Sections
On the left side of the performance review, the navigation menu displays all sections along with their completion status. Reviewers can click a section tab to access the section. See Performance Review - Review Sections.
Competency assessments may either be item-based or behavior-based.
- Item-based assessments enable assessors to rate a competency item using an administrator-defined rating scale (e.g., 1 to 5, where 1 may be Unacceptable and 5 may be Consistently Excels).
- Behavior-based assessments enable assessors to rate a competency item using behavior descriptors. The assessor selects the behavior description that best describes the individual being assessed (e.g., "Prefers to let others handle problems and challenges" or "Is consistently creative in problem solving and solutions").
Competency Item Rating
For an item-based competency assessment, the competency title and competency description display at the top of the competency. If the competency description is longer than two lines, alink appears at the end of the second line. Click the link to view the entire competency description.
Below the competency description, each competency item is displayed with a rating scale below each competency item description. If previous ratings exist for a competency item, a See Performance Review - Competency Assessment - Rating History.link is available to the right of the rating scale. Click the link to view the previous ratings for the competency item.
The rating scale is inherited from the competency model. If the rating scale contains 10 or fewer rating options, then the rating options appear as radio buttons and the rating score text appears above each option. If the rating scale contains 11 or more rating options, then the rating options appear in a drop-down menu and only the rating names are displayed. Only one rating can be selected per competency item. A rating selection is required for each competency item.
For each competency item, select a rating and enter comments explaining the selected ratings. See the Comments section below for additional information.
Competency Behavior Rating
For a behavior-based competency assessment, the competency title and competency description display at the top of the competency. If the competency description is longer than two lines, alink appears at the end of the second line. Click the link to view the entire competency description.
Only one rating can be selected per competency behavior. A rating selection is required for each competency behavior.
For each competency behavior, select a rating and enter comments explaining the selected rating. See the Comments section below for additional information.
When a Competency Assessment review section is linked with an Evidence Collection review section, then reviewers may have the option to view all pieces of evidence associated with a competency. The reviewer can click the See Performance Review - Competency Assessment - View Evidence.button below the competency to view all pieces of evidence that are associated with the competency.
Rating Scale Information
To view the rating definitions, click the Question Mark icon . This opens the Rating Scale pop-up, which displays the ratings and their definitions. Note: The ratings and their definitions are configured by the administrator.
For each competency item or behavior, select a rating and enter comments explaining the selected rating. For example, if you selected a poor rating, explain why the rating was selected. The character limit for comment fields is 30,000.
- To add a suggested comment from the comment assistant, click the Comment Assistant icon above the Comments field. This opens the Suggested Comments pop-up. See Performance Review - Comment Assistant.
- If the Inappropriate Word Filter is enabled for performance reviews, the filter flags any inappropriate words contained in the Comment field. See Performance Review - Inappropriate Language.
- To check the spelling of the text box contents, click the ABC icon in the text box toolbar. This opens the Spell Checker pop-up.
- If you have a need to copy and paste content into a performance review, please be sure to right-click the field into which you are pasting the content, and select the "Paste" option. You can also perform the same action by pressing [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[V]. This will ensure any formatting HTML does not get inserted into the text.
When adding a comment, an HTML safe list is used for the Comments field. The system only accepts certain customizable HTML elements in the WYSIWYG Editor. Elements that are not acceptable display as text. See Safe Listed Customizable Elements.
Because Competency Assessment sections can be reused year after year, ratings and comments from previous reviews may be included. After a peer or direct report review step, reviewers can view peer and direct report responses within the review. Each step (peer step or direct report step) appears in its own grouping. The names of the peers and direct reports are not visible to the reviewee, and the responses are not visible unless the minimum number of responses is reached.
Co-planners have the ability to view and update Competency Assessment sections in a review step. However, the co-planner's ratings and comments are attributed to the assignee of the review step, not the co-planner.
The following buttons are available at the bottom of the page:
- - Opens the previous step of the performance review. This button is not available on the first page of the performance review.
- - Saves the reviewer's progress and exits the performance review.
- - Saves the reviewer's progress, validates all selections and comments, and proceeds to the next step of the performance review. This button is not available on the final page of the performance review.
- - Submits the performance review. This button is only available when all sections of the performance review are complete. Once the task is submitted, you cannot modify the review task unless multiple submissions are allowed for the review task.
Based on the configuration of the performance review task, the reviewer's selected ratings may be visible to the system administrator as soon as the review task is saved. This includes when the performance review is automatically saved by the system. This enables the administrators to begin utilizing the data for calibration purposes while the review step is in progress.
When a reviewer is editing a reopened step or a submitted review step that allows multiple submissions, the performance review Save button labels are updated to more clearly indicate that the Save options do not finalize any of the ratings.
- The button is renamed to .
- The button is renamed to .
When in read-only mode, the available buttons are, , and .