The Team Goals page enables managers to view their direct reports, their overall goal progress, and their goal details. Depending on the system configuration, managers may be able to perform actions on their direct reports' goals, such as editing goals and updating goal progress.
Administrator Note: A preference in Corporate Preferences determines whether the goal owner/assignee's Goal Preferences and Goal Configurations are applied in Universal Profile Snapshot, Goals, and Goal Rating steps within performance reviews. Shared goals respect the goal owner's preferences and configurations.
To view the Team Goals page, go to. Then, click the Team Goals tab. If you have no direct reports or if you do not have permission to view your direct reports' goals, then the Team Goals page is not available.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Snapshot - Goals||
Enables user to view the Goals widget and subpage within the Universal Profile - Snapshot page for users within their permission constraints. This permission also enables the user to view the My Goals page for users within their permission constraints via theoption in various pages in Universal Profile. This permission can be constrained by Employee Relationship, OU, User's OU, User Self and Subordinates, User, User's Self, User's Manager, User's Superiors, User's Subordinates, and User's Direct Reports.
Best Practice: For most users, this permission should be constrained by User Self and Subordinates.
To create a new goal, click the See Goal - Create/Edit.button in the upper-right corner of the page. This option is only available if you have permission to create a goal.
The following options are available in the Options drop-down menu:
- - Select this option to export all of the team goals for the selected time period to an Excel document. This option exports the goals within the selected time period for all team members, even if the user's card is not expanded.
- - Select this option to export the Team Goals page to a PDF document. This option only exports the goals that are currently displayed. If you have not expanded any direct reports to view their goals, then this option is not available because no goals are currently displayed. Similarly, if you expand one direct report, then only the goals of that direct report are included in the PDF.
Search and Filter Goals
Use the filters to determine which goals are displayed.
Use the date filters to select a specific time period. Then, click thebutton to update the display. If any part of a goal falls within that time frame, the goal will display. The following date filters are available:
- Goal Period - From the drop-down menu, select a defined date range.
- Date Range - Using the Calendar tools, select a specific start date and end date.
Use the status filters to determine which goals are displayed. The following status filters are available:
- Display Cancelled - Select this option to display goals that have been cancelled. By default, cancelled goals are not displayed.Note: Cancelled goals do not count towards the user's overall completion percentage.
- Hide Completed - Select this option to hide goals that have been completed. By default, all active goals are displayed, including Completed goals. However, you may want to hide Completed goals so that the page only displays goals that are still in progress. This allows you to view all of the goal progress that has not yet been completed.Note: If all of a user's goals are Completed, then the user is not displayed when this option is selected.
- Status - From the drop-down, select a specific goal status to only display goals that are in a specific status. By default, goals in all active statuses are displayed. This allows you to view goals with a specific completion status, such as Behind Schedule.
Each employee is displayed with their overall goal progress. Click the user's name to view their Universal Profile - Bio. See Universal Profile - Bio Overview.
To view a user's goals, click the Right arrow to the right of the user's overall goal progress. Goals in DRAFT status are not displayed.
To hide a goal's hierarchy, either click the goal title or the Down arrow .
Users are listed in alphabetical order by first name, then last name. The following information may be displayed for each goal:
- Progress - This indicates the goal's progress as a percentage. The color of the progress bar is determined by the goal status. Users may have the option to update goal progress using a progress slider. The goal progress is automatically saved as the progress slider is moved. The goal progress slider is only available if the following is true:
- Administrators have enabled goal progress to be displayed. If goal progress is not displayed, then users are not able to update goal progress.
- Administrators have prevented goal progress from exceeding 100%. If goal progress is allowed to exceed 100%, then goal progress is updated via a Progress field above the Description field.
- The goal does not contain tasks or targets. If the goal contains tasks or targets, then goal progress is updated by updating the progress of the task or target.
- The goal is not in Draft status.
- Title - If the goal is a shared goal, an asterisk appears before the goal title.
- Status - This indicates the overall standing of the goal. This can be determined by goal, task, and target progress and can also factor in the amount of time remaining for completion. The status is also reflected in the progress color. For example, if a user has satisfied a goal, the Status will be Completed and the progress bar may be blue. The names, colors, and the criteria for each status can be modified by the system administrator.
- Due Date
- Weight - The goal weight is used to prioritize goals and place additional value on certain goals.
- Perspective - The perspective is used to specify to which aspect of the company the goal relates.
- Aligned To - This displays the owner of the goal to which the direct report's goal is aligned. This only displays if the goal is aligned to another goal.
- Owner - For shared goals, this displays the name of the goal owner.
Note: For all fields except the Weight field, the field name is configurable by the administrator. As a result, fields may be named differently in your portal. Further, some fields can be configured to not display.
Lock Goal Results
Depending on the configuration of the portal, a Lock icon may appear to the right of a direct report's goal. Managers can click this icon to lock or unlock the goal. The following statuses are available:
- Locked - This indicates that the goal is locked. Users cannot update the goal progress or edit the goal. Managers may lock a goal at the end of the goal period or at the beginning of a review period. This prevents any miscommunication between the manager and employee. Click this icon to unlock the goal.
- Unlocked - This indicates that the goal is unlocked. Users can update the goal progress and edit the goal. Click this icon to lock the goal.
Administrative Note: To disable the Lock Goal Results functionality, contact Global Product Support.
To update goal progress, add comments or attachments to a goal, or view goal details, click the goal title or click the Right arrow to the right of the goal. See Goal - Manage.
A manager cannot update a team member's goal if the goal is locked or if the goal is a shared goal and the manager is not the goal manager.
Managers may have access to the following actions from the Options drop-down menu to the right of the goal:
- Edit - Select this option to edit the user's goal. This option is only available if enabled by the system administrator and the goal is not locked. See Goal - Create/Edit.
- Shared goals cannot be edited by anyone other than the goal owner.
- Deny - Select this option to deny a goal. A confirmation pop-up opens to confirm the denial. This option is available if a goal is "Pending Approval".
- Copy - Select this option to copy the user's goal. All of the goal details are copied to the new goal except for the Assignment, Alignment, Attachments, and Comments. Also, the Start Date and End Date are set to the default values. This option is only available if you have permission to create goals and the goal is not expired. Also, this option is not available if goals are locked. See Goal - Create/Edit.
- Cancel - Select this option to cancel the user's goal. A confirmation pop-up opens to confirm the cancellation. This option is only available if enabled by the system administrator and if goals are not locked.
- If cancellation approval is not required, then the goal's status becomes Canceled.
- If cancellation approval is required, then the goal's status becomes Pending Cancellation Approval, and the Request Goal Approval email is triggered if it is enabled.
- Shared goals cannot be canceled by anyone other than the goal owner.
- Advance - Select this option for an expired goal to copy the details of the goal and set the Start Date and End Date to the next goal period. The goal progress is reset for the new goal. For example, if the expired goal had a start and end date of 01/01/15-12/31/15, once you advance the goal, the new start and end date will be 01/01/16-12/31/16 and the goal progress is set to zero. This action is intended to help save time creating goals for the new goal period if they are similar to the previous period. This option is only available if you have permission to create goals and the goal is expired. Also, this option is not available if goals are locked.
- View History - Select this option to view the history of the goal. The name of the user who updated the goal is included with the type of update and the date and time of the update. See Goal - View History.