View Goals - My Goals Overview
The My Goals page contains all of your goals including goals you have created and goals that have been assigned to you. Shared goals also appear on this page. From the My Goals page, users can view goal details, edit goals, adding attachments and comments to goals, and updating goal progress.
Administrator Note: A preference in Corporate Preferences determines whether the goal owner/assignee's Goal Preferences and Goal Configurations are applied in Universal Profile Snapshot, Goals, and Goal Rating steps within performance reviews. Shared goals respect the goal owner's preferences and configurations.
To view the My Goals page, go to.
Note: Field names may be customizable by the system administrator, so your field names may vary.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Company Goals - Create||Grants access to create goals that appear to all users as "company goals." This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Performance - Administration|
|EMAIL NAME||EMAIL DESCRIPTION||ACTION TYPE|
To create a new goal, click the See Goal - Create/Edit.button in the upper-right corner of the page. This option is only available if you have permission to create a goal.
The following options are available in the Options drop-down menu:
- - Select this option to export your goals to a PDF document. This option is only available if you have available goals.
- - Select this option to export all visible division goals to a PDF document. This option is only available if you have available division goals.
Overall Goal Progress and Weight
The user's overall goal progress is displayed at the top of the page. This represents the user's total progress for all goals that are within the selected date range. The overall goal progress accounts for goal weights.
The Total Weight represents the cumulative weight of all goals that are within the selected date range.
The user's overall goal progress is always displayed based on the selected date range, even if the My Goals tab is not selected.
Goals in Draft, Deleted, or Cancelled status are not included in goal progress and total weight.
Note: The Total Complete section is only displayed when Goal Progress is enabled by administrators. Total Weight is only displayed when Goal Weight is enabled by administrators.
If Goal Progress is disabled, but Goal Weight is enabled, then the Goal Weight is displayed without the progress gauge.
Search and Filter Goals
Use the filters to determine which goals are displayed.
Use the date filters to select a specific time period. Then, click thebutton to update the display. If any part of a goal falls within that time frame, the goal will display. The following date filters are available:
- Goal Period - From the drop-down menu, select a defined date range.
- Date Range - Using the Calendar tools, select a specific start date and end date.
Use the status filters to determine which goals are displayed. The following status filters are available:
- Display Cancelled - Select this option to display goals that have been cancelled. By default, cancelled goals are not displayed.
- Hide Completed - Select this option to hide goals that have been completed. By default, all active goals are displayed, including Completed goals. However, you may want to hide Completed goals so that the page only displays goals that are still in progress. This allows you to view all of the goal progress that has not yet been completed.
My Goals/Manager's Goals/Division Goals/Company Goals
The options at the top of the page determine which goals are displayed on the page. The options display the number of goals that are available in each section. To hide a type of goal, unselect the appropriate option.
The following options may be available:
- My Goals section appears on the page, which displays all of your goals that fall within the defined goal period. - This option is selected by default when the My Goals page is opened. When this button is selected, the
- Manager's Goals section to the page which displays your manager's goals that are visible and that fall within the defined goal period. You can view the overall progress and details of each goal. If your manager does not have any goals that are visible within the specified time frame, then this option is not available. - Select this option to view any visible goals that have been set for your manager. This adds the
- Division Goals section to the page which displays division goals that fall within the defined goal period. You can view the overall progress and details of each division goal. If the division does not have any goals within the specified time frame, then this option is not available. - Select this option to view any goals that have been set for your division. This adds the
- Company Goals section to the page which displays company goals that fall within the defined goal period. You can view the overall progress and details of each company goal. If the company does not have any goals within the specified time frame, then this option is not available. - Select this option to view any goals that have been set for your organization. This adds the
Note: If there are no manager, division, or company goals available, then the option is hidden.
Send Approval Request
Thebutton is available in the upper-right corner of the page if you have goals that are pending approval. Click this button to send an email to your goal approver if the Request Goal Approval email is enabled. Once the request is sent, the button text is updated to "Request Sent" until the page is refreshed.
If goal approval is not required or if a goal approver is not set, then goals are automatically approved when they are created, edited, or cancelled.
To view the full details for a goal, either click the goal title or the Right arrow to the right of the goal.
To hide a goal's details, either click the goal title or the Down arrow .
Goals are listed in alphabetical order by title. The following information may be displayed for each goal:
- Progress - This indicates the goal's progress as a percentage. The color of the progress bar is determined by the goal status. Users may have the option to update goal progress using a progress slider. The goal progress is automatically saved as the progress slider is moved. The goal progress slider is only available if the following is true:
- Administrators have enabled goal progress to be displayed. If goal progress is not displayed, then users are not able to update goal progress.
- Administrators have prevented goal progress from exceeding 100%. If goal progress is allowed to exceed 100%, then goal progress is updated via a Progress field above the Description field.
- The goal does not contain tasks or targets. If the goal contains tasks or targets, then goal progress is updated by updating the progress of the task or target.
- The goal is not in Draft status.
- Title - If the goal is a shared goal, an asterisk appears before the goal title.
- Status - This indicates the overall standing of the goal. This can be determined by goal, task, and target progress and can also factor in the amount of time remaining for completion. The status is also reflected in the progress color. For example, if a user has satisfied a goal, the Status will be Completed and the progress bar may be blue. The names, colors, and the criteria for each status can be modified by the system administrator.
- Due Date
- Weight - The goal weight is used to prioritize goals and place additional value on certain goals.
- Perspective - The perspective is used to specify to which aspect of the company the goal relates.
- Aligned To - This displays the owner of the goal to which the direct report's goal is aligned. This only displays if the goal is aligned to another goal.
- Owner - For shared goals, this displays the name of the goal owner.
Note: Perspective, Weight, Status, and Progress can be disabled by the system administrator. If they are disabled, the fields will not appear. For all fields except the Weight field, the field name is configurable by the administrator. As a result, fields may be named differently in your portal. Further, some fields can be configured to not display.
To update goal progress, add comments or attachments to a goal, or view goal details, click the goal title or click the Right arrow to the right of the goal. See Goal - Manage.
You are only able to manage goals for which you are the owner, including division and company goals. Clicking the title of a shared goal opens a read-only version of the goal. Note: Only users with permission to create company goals can update the progress of a company goal and add attachments to a company goal.
Users may have access to the following actions from the Options drop-down menu to the right of the goal summary:
- Edit - Select this option to edit the goal. This option is only available if enabled by the system administrator and the goal is not locked. See Goal - Create/Edit.
- Copy - Select this option to copy the goal. All of the goal details are copied to the new goal except for the Assignment, Alignment, Attachments, and Comments. Also, the Start Date and End Date are set to the default values. This option is only available if you have permission to create goals and the goal is not expired. Also, this option is not available if the goal is locked. See Goal - Create/Edit.
- Cancel - Select this option to cancel the goal. A confirmation pop-up opens to confirm the cancellation. This option is only available for unlocked, non-draft goals.
- If cancellation approval is not required, then the goal's status becomes Canceled.
- If cancellation approval is required, then the goal's status becomes Pending Cancellation Approval, and the Request Goal Approval email is triggered if it is enabled.
- Delete - Select this option to delete the goal. This option is only available for unlocked goals in Draft status.
- Advance - Select this option for an expired goal to copy the details of the goal and set the Start Date and End Date to the next goal period. The goal progress is reset for the new goal. For example, if the expired goal had a start and end date of 01/01/15-12/31/15, once you advance the goal, the new start and end date will be 01/01/16-12/31/16 and the goal progress is set to zero. This action is intended to help save time creating goals for the new goal period if they are similar to the previous period. This option is only available if you have permission to create goals and the goal is expired. Also, this option is not available if goals are locked.
- Align - This option may be available for manager, division, and company goals. This option is only available if alignment is enabled, the goal is available for alignment, and if the goal is unlocked. If available, you can select this option to create a new goal that is aligned with the goal. This creates a new goal that is aligned with the goal, and all of the goal information copied into your goal. There, you can edit the details of the goal. Tasks and targets may be copied to your goal depending on the preferences set by your system administrator. The alignment of the goal can be edited before the goal is saved. See Goal - Create/Edit.
- View History - Select this option to view the history of the goal. The name of the user who updated the goal is included with the type of update and the date and time of the update. See Goal - View History.
For a company goal, the Edit, Cancel, and Delete options are only available if the user has permission to create company goals.
For a shared goal, the Edit, Cancel, and Delete options are only available to the goal manager.