Approve Development Plans
Use the Development Plan Approval page to manage all development plans that are pending your acceptance, cancellation, or completion approval. You have the option to approve or deny each request individually or in bulk.
To access the Development Plan Approval page:
- From the Welcome Page Inbox, click the View Development Plans link. The Inbox link indicates how many development plans are pending your approval.
- From the Snapshot Development Plans page, select the Approve Plans option from the menu.
Note: These options are not available if development plans do not require approval or if you are not responsible for approving development plans.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Development Plans - Approve||Grants ability to approve or deny development plans that are pending the user's approval. This is a manager/approver permission.||Performance|
|Bypass Development Plan Approval During Assignment||Grants permission to bypass any development plan approval requirements when submitting or assigning a development plan. This permission does not apply to development plans as part of Reviews. This is a system administration permission.||Performance|
Pending Development Plans Table
- Employee Name - Approve or deny all plans in bulk by selecting the checkbox at the top of the Employee Name column. This Select All checkbox is only available if enabled by the system administrator.
- Plan Title - The title of the plan. Click the title to open the development plan in a new browser tab. This enables you to review the content of the plan. You can approve or deny the plan while viewing it.
- Status - The plan's status options are as follows:
Plan Denied - If the plan was denied, then the plan's status is Plan Denied.
- Not Started - If the plan was approved and progress is 0%, then the plan's status is Not Started.
- In Progress - If the plan was approved and progress is greater than 0% but less than 100%, then the plan's status is In Progress.
- Pending Completion Approval - If the plan was approved and progress is 100%, then the plan's status is Pending Completion Approval.
- Past Due - If the plan was approved and it is past the due date, then the plan's status is Past Due.
- Cancelled - If the plan was Pending Cancellation Approval and this request was approved, then the plan's status is Cancelled.
- Date submitted - The date the plan is submitted for approval.
- Due Date - The deadline to approve the development plan.
- Progress - Percent complete for the development plan.
- To approve a plan, select the checkbox to the left of the employee's name, and then select the .
- To deny a plan, select the checkbox to the left of the employee's name, and then select the .