The Development Plan Approval page displays all development plans that are pending your acceptance, cancellation, or completion approval. You have the option to approve or deny each request individually or in bulk.
The Development Plan Approval page can be accessed in the following ways:
- From the Welcome Page Inbox, click the link. The Inbox link indicates how many development plans are pending your approval.
- From the Snapshot Development Plans page, select the option from the menu.
Note: These options are not available if development plans do not require approval or if you are not responsible for approving development plans.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Development Plans - Approve||Grants ability to approve or deny development plans that are pending the user's approval. This is a manager/approver permission.||Performance|
|Bypass Development Plan Approval During Assignment||Grants permission to bypass any development plan approval requirements when submitting or assigning a development plan. This permission does not apply to development plans as part of Reviews. This is a system administration permission.||Performance|
To approve or deny a plan, select the checkbox to the left of the employee's name, and then select theor button.
You can also approve or deny all plans in bulk by selecting the checkbox at the top of the Employee Name column and then selecting the appropriate action button. This Select All checkbox is only available if enabled by the system administrator.
The plan's status is dependent on the following:
- Plan Denied - If the plan was denied, then the plan's status is Plan Denied.
- Not Started - If the plan was approved and progress is 0%, then the plan's status is Not Started.
- In Progress - If the plan was approved and progress is greater than 0% but less than 100%, then the plan's status is In Progress.
- Pending Completion Approval - If the plan was approved and progress is 100%, then the plan's status is Pending Completion Approval.
- Past Due - If the plan was approved and it is past the due date, then the plan's status is Past Due.
- Cancelled - If the plan was Pending Cancellation Approval and this request was approved, then the plan's status is Cancelled.
Click the development plan title to open the development plan in a new browser tab. This enables you to review and understand the content of the plan prior to approving or denying the plan. You also have the option to approve or deny the plan when viewing the plan.