The Social tab is available on the My Account page and allows users to connect their social profiles with their user account.
To access My Account:
- Select the Settings icon in the upper-right corner of the screen and select the link.
- Select the Navigation icon in the upper-right corner of the screen and select the link.
Select the Social tab on the left.
Note: This tab only appears if it is enabled by your administrator. As the tab name is configurable by the administrator, the name may appear differently in your portal.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|User - Edit My Account Preferences||Allow users to view and modify their preferences on the My Account screen. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an end user permission.||Core|
The following information is displayed for each available connection:
- Connection Logo - The logo for the connection displays to the left of the connection name. If the user is connected to the application, then the icon displays in color. If the user is not connected, then the icon displays in gray.
- Connection Name - This column displays the name of the connection, such as "LinkedIn."
- Connection Status - This column displays the status of the connection, indicating whether or not the user is connected. When the user is connected, the status displays the name under which the user is connected. If the user is not connected, then the column displays "Your connection has been lost. Please reconnect."
To connect to one of the available social applications on your My Account > Social page, select thebutton to the right of the account name. If this button is not available, then this indicates that you are already connected to this application.
You are required to enter your credentials for the application to enable the connection between the social application and your portal.
With certain applications, the system is granted access to certain information:
- Your full profile, including experience, education, skills, and recommendations
- Your email address associated with the account
- Your connections, including 1st and 2nd degree connections
- Your contact info, including address, phone number, and bound accounts
- Broadbean: This connection is available to users who have permission to edit postings on the Job Postings page for job requisitions. Users can connect their account and will stay logged in from this page to streamline the job posting process when creating, editing, and copying job requisitions.
The following options are available in the Options drop-down for any application to which you are already connected:
- Refresh - Select Note: This option does not display for Broadbean. to refresh the connection.
- Disconnect - Select to disconnect the connection.