Users may be able to purchase training units from the Payment Methods tab within the My Account > Preferences page.
To access My Account:
- Select the Settings icon in the upper-right corner of the screen and select the link.
- Select the Navigation icon in the upper-right corner of the screen and select the link.
Select the Preferences tab on the left. Then, select the Payment Methods tab.
The tab name may appear differently in your portal, depending on the display name configured by the administrator in My Account Preferences.
Note: Users must have permission to manage My Account in order to have access to the Preferences tab.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|My Account - Manage||Allow users to view and modify their preferences on the My Account screen. The user must have this permission to access My Account. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an end user permission.||Core|
Purchase Training Units
The option to buy training units displays to the right of the training unit balance. This option is only available if enabled by the administrator.
To purchase training units:
- Select the button. This opens the Buy Training Units pop-up.
- The pricing information is displayed and you can specify the number of training units you wish to purchase.
- Select the See Checkout - Step 1 - Payment. button to open the checkout page. You cannot add additional items to this purchase.
Training Unit Keycode FAQs
A training unit key code is a unique, 10-digit, auto-generated number that is used to store a user's training units. The key code number is confidential but can be viewed on the Manage Training Unit Key Code page.
The key code is entered during the checkout process when purchasing training. The system checks the key code balance to determine if there are enough training units to purchase the training item. If there are enough training units, then the user can check out using their key code. If there are not enough training units, then the user can request to be billed, if the administrator has configured the payment process to allow billing. If the payment process is not configured to allow users to be billed, then the user must either select a different payment method or they cannot check out.
No. For key codes, training units can only be refilled by assigning training units to the key code. Only users with the appropriate permissions can assign training units.
The user that purchases the training unit key code is automatically identified as the training unit key code contact. Note: Training unit key code contacts can be added from the Manage Training Unit Key Code page by clicking the Edit icon in the Options column.See Training Unit (Key Code) Management.
Yes. The key code amount can be adjusted when editing the key code from the Manage Training Unit Key Code page. See Training Unit (Key Code) Management.
- Shopping Cart Purchase - If configured by the administrator, this email is triggered when the key code purchase is completed. This email serves as the transaction receipt.
- Monthly Training Unit Balance - If configured by the administrator, this email is triggered on the date the key code is purchased and on the last day of each month. This email provides the user with the number of available training units on their key code. Best Practice: If Training Unit Preferences are configured not to allow users to view their training unit key code balance in My Account, then it is a best practice to configure the Monthly Training Unit Balance email. Otherwise, end users do not have a way to view their key code balance.