Users can edit the title, due date, assignee, recurrence, and category fields for a task. The option to edit a team task may only available to lead team members, depending on the preferences set by the system administrator.
To edit a task, from the Team Tasks page, from the Actions drop-down list, select .
Edit the following information for the task:
- Task Name - In the text field, edit the task title, up to 70 characters. This field is required.
- Due Date - Using the calendar tool, select a new due date for the task. The user can also enter a text due date, such as Today, Tomorrow, Monday, Tuesday, etc. Select the link to remove the due date. This field is optional.
- Repeat - From the drop-down list, select how often the task should recur. Note: If a task is set to recur, then a new instance of the task is automatically created when the original task is marked complete or when the original task's due date passes. The following options are available:
- Never - Select this option for the task to never recur.
- Daily - Select this option for the task to recur daily.
- Weekly - Select this option for the task to recur every seven days.
- Monthly - Select this option for the task to recur on the same day every month. For example, if the task is created on May 15, then the task recurs on the 15th of every month.
- If the due date of the original task is the last day of the month, then the due date of recurring tasks is also the last day of each month.
- If the due date of the original task is on a day that the next month does not have (e.g., February 30th will never occur), then the due date of the generated task has a due date of the last day of the month.
- Yearly - Select this option for the task to recur every 365 days.
- Periodically - Select this option for the task to recur periodically. In the text field, enter the number of days between recurrences. For example, if "15" is entered, then the task is recreated every 15 days.
- Assigned to - To edit the assignee, users have the option of entering a user's name into the text box or selecting a user from the drop-down list. Select Unassigned to create a task that is not assigned to any users. This field is optional.
- Category - To edit the category, users have the option of selecting a category from the drop-down list or clicking the button to create a new category. Entering a new category adds the category to the category bank. Select Uncategorized to not associate the task with a category.
Save or Cancel
Click thebutton to save the task modifications, or click to discard any unsaved changes.