Broadcast updates are made manually by a user, similar to a user update. However, broadcast updates are visible to the entire organization except self-registered users. Broadcast updates appear at the top of the Live Feed at all times and can only be made by users with the appropriate permissions. Only one broadcast update is displayed at a time. In addition, system administrators may set a default expiration date for broadcast updates, at which point the broadcast update is removed from the feed.
Similar to user updates, broadcast updates can include text, a URL, files, and videos.
The following information is displayed with a broadcast update post:
- User Image - An image of the user who posted the update is displayed next to each post. If the user does not have an image in the system, then a generic image is displayed. Click the photograph to open the Universal Profile - Bio page for the user.
- User Name - The name of the user who posted the update is displayed next to the user image. Click the user's name to open the Universal Profile - Bio page for the user.
- Update Text - The update text is displayed next to the user's name.
- URL Preview - If the user included a URL in the update, then a preview of the URL may appear below the update text. Click the URL in the update text or click the URL preview, if included, to navigate to the URL web page.
- Files - If the user attached files to the update, then the file names appear below the update text. Click the file name to open or download the attachment.
- Video - If the user attached a video to the update, then a preview of the video may appear below the update text. Click the preview image to expand the video content area. Then, use the video controls to view the video directly on the Live Feed page.
- Timestamp - A timestamp is displayed with each update post to indicate when the post was made. The timestamp is always displayed in the time zone of the user who is viewing the feedback.
When users add comments to a post, the comments appear below the original post in reverse chronological order with the most recent comments displayed at the bottom. A timestamp is displayed with each comment to indicate when the comment was made. The timestamp is always displayed in the time zone of the user who is viewing the post.
If a posting reply has one or more replies, then alink is displayed with the number of additional replies that are available. Select the link or the Reply icon to view up to 10 of the most recent replies. If 10 comment replies are displayed and there are additional comment replies available, then a link is displayed. Select the link to view the Posting Details page in a new tab where all of the posting replies are visible.
Add a Comment to an Update
When viewing another user's Live Feed page, you may be able to comment on a post. Note: The ability to reply to a posting is determined by your action group. See Live Feed - Add Comment to Update.
Like an Update or Comment
When viewing another user's Live Feed page, you may be able to like another user's update. This can be done to show users that you like a personal update, a file that was shared, an activity update, or a comment that was added to an update. Note: The ability to like a posting or posting reply is determined by your action group. See Live Feed - Like an Update or Comment.
Delete a Post or Comment
Users can delete an update post or comment from the Live Feed page. This option is only available if you have permission to delete Connect posts, and you can only delete comments or posts that have been made by users within your permission constraints. See Live Feed - Delete Post or Comment.