Activity updates are system generated updates that are triggered by a user's actions within the system. For example, if a user completes a training item, this may trigger an activity update. Activity updates can be configured by the system administrator. See Live Feed - Activity Updates and Visibility.
The following information is displayed with each activity update post:
- User Image - An image of the user who posted the update is displayed next to each post. If the user does not have an image in the system, then a generic image is displayed. Click the photograph to open the Universal Profile - Bio page for the user.
Team Name - If the update is posted to a Connect team, then the team name appears before the user's name. Click the team name to open the Team Feed page for the team.
- User Name - The name of the user who posted the update is displayed next to the user image. Click the user's name to open the Universal Profile - Bio page for the user.
- Update Text - The system generated update text is displayed next to the user's name.
- Timestamp - A timestamp is displayed with each update post to indicate when the post was made. The timestamp is always displayed in the time zone of the user who is viewing the feedback.
When users add comments to a post, the comments appear below the original post in reverse chronological order with the most recent comments displayed at the bottom. A timestamp is displayed with each comment to indicate when the comment was made. The timestamp is always displayed in the time zone of the user who is viewing the post.
- link is displayed. Select the link to view the Posting Details page in a new tab where all of the posting replies are visible. - If a posting has more than one reply at its root level, select this link to view up to 10 of the most recent replies. If 10 comments are displayed and there are additional comments available, then a
- - If a posting reply has one or more replies,select this link or the Reply icon to view up to 10 of the most recent replies. If 10 comment replies are displayed and there are additional comment replies available, then a link is displayed. Select the link to view the Posting Details page in a new tab where all of the posting replies are visible.
Add a Comment to an Update
When viewing another user's Live Feed page, you may be able to comment on a post. Note: The ability to reply to a posting is determined by your action group. See Live Feed - Add Comment to Update.
Like an Update or Comment
When viewing another user's Live Feed page, you may be able to like another user's update. This can be done to show users that you like a personal update, a file that was shared, an activity update, or a comment that was added to an update. Note: The ability to like a posting or posting reply is determined by your action group. See Live Feed - Like an Update or Comment.
Delete a Post or Comment
Users can delete an update post or comment from the Live Feed page. This option is only available if you have permission to delete Connect posts, and you can only delete comments or posts that have been made by users within your permission constraints. See Live Feed - Delete Post or Comment.
|Last Published: 9/10/2021||© 2021, Cornerstone OnDemand|