When someone posts an update that is visible to you, it appears on your Live Feed page. The information that is displayed varies depending on the type of update and what is included in the update.
Which types of updates appear in the feed is dependent upon the preferences set by the system administrator. The following types of updates may appear in your Live Feed:
- User Update - User updates are made manually by a user. These updates can include text, a URL, files, and videos. See Live Feed - View Update - User Update.
- Activity Update - Activity updates are system generated updates that are triggered by a user's actions within the system. For example, if a user completes a training item, this may trigger an activity update. Activity updates can be configured by the system administrator. See Live Feed - View Update - Activity Update.
- Broadcast Update - Broadcast updates are made manually by a user, similar to a user update. However, broadcast updates are visible to the entire organization except self-registered users. Broadcast updates appear at the top of the Live Feed at all times and can only be made by users with the appropriate permissions. See Live Feed - View Update - Broadcast Update.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Update Broadcast||Grants ability to broadcast organization-wide user updates within the new Connect. This permission cannot be constrained.||New Connect|
|View New Connect||Grants ability to view the new Connect pages, including Live Feed, All Teams, Team Overview, Team Feed, Team Tasks, Task Details, and Connections. This permission cannot be constrained.||New Connect|
When users add comments to a post, the comments appear below the original post in reverse chronological order with the most recent comments displayed at the bottom. A timestamp is displayed with each comment to indicate when the comment was made. The timestamp is always displayed in the time zone of the user who is viewing the post.
- - If a posting has more than one reply at its root level, select this link to view up to 10 of the most recent replies. If 10 comments are displayed and there are additional comments available, then a link is displayed. Select the link to view the Posting Details page in a new tab where all of the posting replies are visible.
- - If a posting reply has one or more replies,select this link or the Reply icon to view up to 10 of the most recent replies. If 10 comment replies are displayed and there are additional comment replies available, then a link is displayed. Select the link to view the Posting Details page in a new tab where all of the posting replies are visible.
Add a Comment to an Update
When viewing another user's Live Feed page, you may be able to comment on a post. Note: The ability to reply to a posting is determined by your action group. See Live Feed - Add Comment to Update.
Like an Update or Comment
When viewing another user's Live Feed page, you may be able to like another user's update. This can be done to show users that you like a personal update, a file that was shared, an activity update, or a comment that was added to an update. Note: The ability to like a posting or posting reply is determined by your action group. See Live Feed - Like an Update or Comment.
Delete a Post or Comment
Users can delete an update post or comment from the Live Feed page. This option is only available if you have permission to delete Connect posts, and you can only delete comments or posts that have been made by users within your permission constraints. See Live Feed - Delete Post or Comment.