The Task Details page provides an overview of the completion progress of the succession task. Administrators can also perform actions, such as extending due dates and assigning co-planners for individual tasks.
To view the details of a succession task, go to. Then, click the View Details icon for the appropriate task.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
If the succession task has at least one Task Review step, then a Task Step field is available. This field enables administrators to view the details of specific steps within the task, including the Task Owner step and all Task Reviewer steps.
From the drop-down menu, select the appropriate task step in order to view the details of that step. For example, if a Task Review step is selected, then the details of the selected Task Review step are displayed. The current step is selected by default, and the last Task Review step is selected by default when the task is expired. Only current or previous steps can be selected; steps that have not yet begun are disabled and cannot be selected from the drop-down menu.
Availability Note: Because Talent Conference tasks do not have Task Review steps, this field is never available for Talent Conference tasks.
Task Owner Step Details
At the top of the page, an overview of the task progress is displayed. This includes the following details:
- Overall Progress
- Tasks Assigned
- Tasks Completed
- Tasks Incomplete
- Task Owner Time Period - Administrators can select the Edit icon to edit the time periods for any steps that have not yet been completed. See Succession Task - Edit Time Periods.
The following information is displayed for each task owner in the Task Users table:
- User - This displays the task owner's name.
- User ID - This displays the task owner's user ID.
- Status - This displays the status of the task owner's step.
Task Review Step Details
When a Task Review step is selected from the Task Step drop-down menu, the following information is displayed for the Task Review step:
- User Type - This displays the User Type that is associated with the Task Review step, such as Manager, Indirect Manager, Availability Based User, etc.
- Overall Progress - This displays the overall progress percentage for the step.
- Task Reviews Assigned - This displays the number of users who are assigned the step.
- Task Reviews Completed - This displays the number of users who have completed the step.
- Task Reviews Incomplete - This displays the number of users who have not yet completed the step.
- Task Review Period - This displays the time period during which the task reviewers are able to access the step.
- Template - This displays the succession template that is associated with the task.
- Pie Chart - This chart displays a breakdown of how many task reviewers are in each status for the step.
The following information is displayed for each task reviewer in the Task Users table:
- User - This displays the task reviewer's name. In parentheses, the name of the Task Owner associated with the Task Review step is displayed. If there is no user assigned the task review, then "N/A" is displayed.
- User ID - This displays the task reviewer's user ID.
- Status - This displays the status of the task reviewer's step.
Extend End Date
To extend the end date of the entire task, click thelink. The administrator can then enter a new end date and then click the Save icon to save the change.
- If the succession task has at least one Task Review step, then you can only extend the End Date of the current step.
Administrators are unable to reopen a succession task. However, managers can access the task up until the task end date, even if they have already submitted the task. If the task has already ended, an administrator can extend the due date of the task.
Status Pie Chart
The pie chart displays the percentage of users for each status.
Export Task Details
To export the task details, click either the Print icon to export the task details to PDF, or click the Excel icon to export the task details to Microsoft Excel.
- When the task is exported, the exported data reflects the most recent changes made by the Task Owner or Task Reviewers.
Click the Add Co-Planner icon to add or remove co-planners from the user's task. This opens the Co-planners pop-up which displays all existing co-planners for the user, including default co-planners and co-planners added by the user.
- Remove Co-planner - To remove a co-planner, click the Remove icon. If a default co-planner is removed, the removed co-planner would have to be manually added to the individual task, if necessary. Co-planners that are removed no longer have access to the task unless added again by the administrator or assigned user.
- Add Co-planner - To add a co-planner, click the link. Once a co-planner is saved, the new co-planner is assigned the individual task as a co-planner. The task will appear on their Schedule Tasks page.
Add Task Reviewer
When an active Task Review step is selected in the Task Step field, if a Task Owner does not have an assigned Task Reviewer, administrators can select the Add Task Reviewer icon to add a Task Reviewer.
This assignment overrides any dynamic assignment that may occur after the manual assignment.
Administrators can remove a Task Owner or Task Reviewer from the task by selecting the Remove icon in the Options column of the Task Users table. When a Task Owner or Task Reviewer is deleted, the Task User is removed from the task and is marked as Deleted.
- Task Owner - As previously implemented, a Task Owner can only be removed if the task is not yet complete or expired. If a Task Owner is removed from the task, then the assigned Task Reviewer is not assigned the task.
- Task Reviewer - A Task Reviewer can only be removed if the task is not yet complete or expired. If a Task Reviewer is removed from the task, then any additional assigned Task Reviewers are not assigned the task.
Restore a Removed User
Administrators can restore a previously deleted user.
- In the Visibility drop-down, select Deleted.
- In the Task Users table, click the plus sign next to the user(s) you want to restore. The selected users are added back to the task.