The Batch Rating step allows for multiple SMP metrics to be displayed at once. This enables you to display all of the organization's selected metrics that are used to rate employees in the SMP process on one page, rather than separate, individual pages.
To create an SMP Template, go to. Then, click the link.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Succession Management Plan Templates - Manage||Grants ability to create and edit Succession Management Plan (SMP) templates for use in assessing talent (incumbents and successors) in SMP tasks. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Talent/Succession - Administration|
Enter the following information:
- Title - This is the name of the step, which is displayed to the assessor to indicate the current step. This field is required and the character limit is 50. If multiple languages are enabled for your portal, select the Translate icon to translate the field into other available languages.
- Directions - The directions are displayed to the user during the step and are intended to explain something to the user or direct the user. This field has standard formatting options and accepts HTML. The character limit is 3000. If multiple languages are enabled for your portal, select the Translate icon to translate the field into other available languages.
- Filter Users - Select which users are to be included in the step. This can be selected by OU, group, or specific users.
- Indirect Subordinates - When this option is selected, a Display Indirect Reports option is available to SMP task assessors in the Batch Rating step of the SMP task. If the assessor selects this option, then indirect reports are displayed in the Batch Rating step. However, if the sum of assessees and indirect reports exceeds 250 users, then the Display Indirect Reports option is hidden from assessors. Note: This option is only available if the step is within a manager template.
- Columns - In this section, select any additional information to display about the employees. To add information columns, click the plus icon to the right of the Columns heading. All user fields and SMP metric fields are available to be displayed as well as the overall average score from a competency assessment and the overall average score from a performance review.
- User Fields - All standard and custom user fields are available.
- Competency Fields - This displays a user's overall competency assessment score from the selected competency task. In order to be able to select a competency task and display a score, you must be using the Performance module and have previously deployed a competency assessment task.
- Performance Review Fields - This displays a user's overall average performance review score. In order to be able to select a performance review task and display a score, you must be using the Performance module and have previously deployed a performance review task.
- SMP Metric Fields - All standard and custom metric fields are available. This collection of rating scales and supplemental questions make up the various ratings profiling the employee within the SMP task.
After selecting the appropriate information, they appear in the Successor Information section. You can modify the Display Name by entering a new name. You can also remove the field by clicking the Remove icon for that field. If multiple languages are enabled, click the globe icon to translate the field into other available languages.
In some cases, you have the option to determine whether the response is Read-Only, Response Optional, or Response Required. A response may be required if a piece of information is missing from a user's record or resume. Also, SMP custom fields and metrics are designed to allow the assessor to provide feedback about the employee. For SMP custom fields, you will generally select Response Required or Response Optional since input is needed from the assessor in order for the template to calculate the employee's impact on the organization based on the collective totals of all metrics in the assessment. Read-Only should only be selected if the same custom field is used in an earlier section of the template, in which case the assessor's previous response is displayed. It is important to be aware of where an how SMP metrics are included in the template, since a missing value can affect an employee's calculation in the SMP process, and thus affect the outcome of the succession plan.
Sample Batch Step