Additional steps can be added to the template by clicking the plus icon to the right of the Steps heading. The Add Step pop-up appears where you can select the types of steps to add. You can select multiple step types.
To create an SMP Template, go to. Then, click the link.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Succession Management Plan Templates - Manage||Grants ability to create and edit Succession Management Plan (SMP) templates for use in assessing talent (incumbents and successors) in SMP tasks. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Talent/Succession - Administration|
You can perform the following tasks:
- Add a step - After selecting the step types, click to add them to the template. Newly added steps appear at the bottom of the list.
- Reorder - Drag and drop them into the desired order. To move a step, click the step title and drag it to the desired location.
Note: Current Organization/Current Talent Pool step, Individual Profile step, and Succession Chart/Talent Pool Succession List step can only occur once in an SMP template.
- Edit a step - Click the Edit icon in the Options column. This opens the Step Properties page where you can edit the details of the step. Each step type has different options.
When creating an SMP template, the available step types varies depending on the type of template you create as follows: . The following are the available step types:
- Freeform Step
- Batch Rating Step
- Metric Grid Step
- Survey Step
- Organization Chart Step
- Profile Step
- Succession Chart Step
- Current Talent Pool Step
- Talent Pool Succession List
- Click to close this window without adding steps.
- Click to add the selected steps.