Successor Details by Successor Report
The Succession Details by Successor Report displays all of the positions or incumbents for which a user is nominated as a successor to fill or replace. This report is run for a population of successors. For example, if this report is run for all users in Division A, this report displays all users that are named as successors for the specified SMP tasks.
SMP task data is available for this report as soon as the corresponding SMP task is saved.
This report can be run for the most recent successors or one or more tasks in which someone was named a successor.
The report automatically includes both incumbent and successor current position, and you may include up to one additional OU field to display for both incumbent and successor.
You may include up to 10 SMP metrics related to the named successors. Keep in mind that the metric field only returns a value in this report if the successor was rated on the metric in the succession chart step of an SMP task that is included in the report. If the user was rated on a profile or batch step of an SMP task, that field does not appear because it does not relate to that user as a named successor.
Note: The succession metric fields included in this Standard Report are equivalent to the "Successor Succession metrics" section in other reports. These metric fields are for Successors.
You may also include up to 10 custom user fields to display on the report. These fields relate to the named successors rather than the incumbents.
To run the Succession Details by Successor Report, go to Succession Details by Successor link.
. Then click the Succession tab and click the
|Successor Details by Successor Report
||Grants access to Successor Details by Successor, which displays the most recent positions or incumbents for which a user is nominated as a successor to fill or replace, or from a specific SMP task. The report can include multiple successor metrics and/or custom user fields. This permission can be constrained by OU, User's OU, User Self and Subordinates, and User.
||Reports - Talent/Succession
||Limit results to the users matching the specified user criteria. This is optional. If no selection is made, the report includes all successors included in the task.
Select the appropriate SMP task or select "Most Recent Successors."
- Most Recent Successors - This option is selected by default. When this option is selected, the report includes the most recent successors for each user included in the report.
- If the successor was added through My Team, the Task column displays "Current." Also, the succession metrics are populated from My Team ratings updates.
- If the successor was added via a completed SMP task, the Task column displays the corresponding SMP task title. Also, the succession metrics are populated from the corresponding SMP task.
- SMP Task - Click the Select SMP Task field to select a specific SMP Task. This includes only data from the selected task in the report.
|Additional Incumbent OU
||The incumbent's current position is automatically included in the report. From the drop-down list, you may select an additional OU to display for each incumbent.
|Additional Successor OU
||The successor's current position is automatically included in the report. From the drop-down list, you may select an additional OU to display for each successor.
|Include SMP Metrics
||Up to 10 SMP metrics related to the named successors can be included in the report. The metric field only returns a value in this report if the successor was rated on the metric in the succession chart step of an SMP task that is included in the report. If the user was rated on a profile or batch step of an SMP task, that field does not appear because it does not relate to that user as a named successor.
|Include Custom Fields
||Up to 10 custom user fields related to the successors can be included in the report.
||Enter a title for the report. This defaults to the report name if no title is entered. The title is displayed on the report and is also displayed in the list of Processed Reports on this page.
This is an asynchronous report, which allows the administrator to define the standard report and generate the report asynchronously. As a result, when administrators process the report, the system generates the report in the background, while the administrator can move on to other areas of the system. When the report is finished processing, the administrator can then view the full report in its entirety.
- Up to three separate reports can generate asynchronously, allowing greater flexibility for creating and storing different versions of the report.
- If you process a report or refresh a stored report, the report appears in the table as Queued.
- The most recently created report displays at the top of the table.
- Since the user can generate up to three reports, the administrator can define a report title for each of the generated reports.
- Clicking the View Details icon changes the report settings on the page to match those of the selected previously run report.
In the left-most columns of the report, the basic successor data appears. To the right of those columns, the incumbent information is displayed followed by columns for the selected succession metrics and custom user fields for the successors.
Other output includes data from all three succession task template types: Manager, Assessor, and Job Pool.
The Role column displays data from Job Pool tasks. The role displayed is the position or job for which the successor was named. In a Job Pool task, you designate successors for the job or position rather than an incumbent employee, so any line where the Role field is populated, the Incumbent columns are not.