Calculated fields enable organizations to generate aggregated reports based on totals of data. This functionality helps administrators, managers, and analysts to create simple, custom calculations of their reporting data without having to export and manipulate that data in a different tool.
Calculated fields can be:
- Added as a field to the report
- Added as a filter
- Added as chart criteria
- Used in summarizing a report
- Used in sorting a report
When creating calculated fields, numerous calculation functions are available, and every function includes use examples.
With calculated fields, you can also:
- Create fields that contain a mix of text, math, date, and logical functions/operators to enhance your reporting capabilities
- Follow a guided user experience for leveraging the calculated fields feature
- Import your existing custom reports containing calculated fields
Any user with permission to create reports in Reporting 2.0 can create calculated fields. However, in order to publish a field globally, the user needs permission to manage global calculated fields.
The following permission applies to this functionality:
|Reporting - Manage Global Calculated Fields
Grants the ability to publish calculated fields to all users. This permission cannot be constrained.
Note: Calculated fields can be created by all users who have permission to create reports in Reporting 2.0. However, in order to publish the calculated field globally, a user needs permission to manage global calculated fields.
For more information about Reporting 2.0 permissions, see the following:
- Permissions in Reporting 2.0 - This provides detailed information about Reporting 2.0 permissions.
- Permissions List - This provides the list of permissions and their relationships so that you know which permissions users need to have to create and view reports.
Note: If one of the fields included in a Calculated Fields is set to inactive, the Calculated Field won't be displayed.
The following information is available within this folder. Click a link to navigate directly to the appropriate topic: