Custom Reports Deprecation: Cornerstone will be deprecating the legacy reporting solution "Custom Reports" with the July ’21 Release. For more information, see the announcement in the August '20 release notes and in the August '20 Release Summary & Matrix.
The Sharing tab enables you to define the users with whom to share the report. The selected users cannot modify or edit the report. The selected users must have the appropriate permissions to view the custom report.
To share the report:
- Click the Select Criteria drop-down. This displays the OUs from which you can select to view the report.
- Select an OU. This enables the Select icon to appear to the right of the Select Criteria drop-down.
- Click the Select icon . This opens the Select [OU Name] pop-up. Note: If "User" is selected in the Select Criteria drop-down, then the Select User pop-up opens.
- Click the Add icon to the left of the OU name. Note: If "User" is selected in the Select Criteria drop-down, then select the individual users with whom to share the report.
- Click . This closes the pop-up and adds the selections to the Sharing tab.
For shared reports, the data is refreshed once per day, which is the same rate as the refresh rate for the report that the report creator sees.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When sharing a scheduled report, the users you select on the Sharing tab will receive the same report that you receive at the scheduled interval that you set on the Schedule tab. However, the data that is visible in the report is dependent upon the permission constraints for each shared user.
The information that is available to the shared users is the information that is within their permission constraints. For example, you share a Custom Transcript Report with managers in other departments. The managers have the Custom Transcript Reports - View permission, and the permission is constrained by User Self and Subordinates. In the report you have included the User Full Name field, which means that users' names will be visible in the report. When the other managers receive the shared report at the scheduled interval, the report will only show data for the managers' direct reports.
- Be sure to check the Schedule report for shared users also field on the Schedule tab when configuring the report schedule.
- Be sure that the users with whom you have shared the report have the associated report permission. All custom reports have a Create permission and a View permission. If you are the user who created the report, then you will have the Create permission (this permission also allows you to view the report you have created). Your shared users will need the View permission, which allows them to view the report that is shared with them. If they do not have this permission, then they will not get the report, regardless of whether or not you have added their name to the Sharing tab.
For example, you add three users to the Sharing tab for a Custom Transcript Report. You schedule the report to run weekly and select the Schedule report for shared users also field on the Schedule tab. When the report runs, none of your users receive the report. You check their permissions and see that none of the users have the Custom Transcript Reports - View permission. You assign the permission to the users to ensure that the users receive the report.
Shared users cannot edit the report that is shared with them. However, if they copy the report, they can edit the copied version.
Shared reports are not sent via email. The shared report is only available to you in your list of reports on the main custom reports page.
Report delivery via email is only available for the user who created the report. The report cannot be delivered via email to the shared users.
For shared users, the report is only accessible from their main custom reports page.