Custom Reports Deprecation: Cornerstone will be deprecating the legacy reporting solution "Custom Reports" in August 2022. See Deprecation of Custom Reports to Begin in August 2022.
The preview section allows you to view the results as you build the report. The preview helps you decide which fields to include to ensure that you ascertain the desired data.
Up to 50 rows of data display in the preview. If a field's value is longer than 20 characters, hover over the value to display a pop-up of the full value.
Note: The preview is not considered the actual report. In order to view your actual generated report, enter a title in the Report Title field and click . Then, navigate to the main custom reports page and select , , or in the Actions drop-down for the specific report to view your results.
Each time you add a field to the preview, the results update automatically. You can also manually update the results by clicking thebutton. When the data is out of date, an Exclamation icon displays in the button to indicate that the data needs to be refreshed.
When filters in the Field Filters panel are added or modified, the results must be refreshed manually.
Maximum Number of Records
Enter the maximum number of records that should be returned. The default value is 75,000. The value must be a positive whole number. The maximum value that can be entered in the field is 999,999. Enter a value of zero to not have a limit.
The following options are available in thedrop-down. The options are only available if the report is summarized and only apply to the printable and Excel versions, as well as when the report is run.
- Show/count unique rows only - Select this option to filter the summarized results not to repeat rows that display identical summarized information. For example, if a Transcript report only contains the field User Full Name, and the results include 50 different users with the name Sample User, then checking the Show/count unique rows only will only display one row of the name "Sample User."
- Show record counts in report - Select this option to display the record count for each combination of fields selected. For example, to determine the total number of active versus inactive training types in the catalog, check the Record Count box, then include the Training Active and Training Type fields. The output displays a total count of inactive and active training types, listed by type.
- Show report headers in report - Select this option to show the name of the fields in the header row of the output.
The following actions are available in thedrop-down:
- - Click to create a printable preview. This option only appears for users with permission to preview custom reports. This option does not display when the output exceeds 30,000 rows.
- - Click to export the preview to Excel. This option only appears for users with permission to preview custom reports.
- - Click to remove all of the fields that you have included. This opens a confirmation pop-up. Click to remove all fields. This clears the preview panel and all selections in the tabs above the preview. Or, click to cancel the removal action.
When viewing a printable or Excel version of a report with more than 5000 records, only the first 5000 records display. If your report contains more than 5000 records, be sure to save the report in order to view all of the records. When custom reports are saved, they are subject to 30,000 records for printable version or 65,000 records for Excel.
Remove All Columns
Clickto remove all of the fields that you have selected. This opens a confirmation pop-up. Click to remove all fields. This clears the preview panel and all selections in the tabs above the preview. Or, click to cancel the removal action.
The following column sorting options are available:
The columns in the preview panel can be sorted in ascending and descending order by clicking the arrow to the right of the column name. Clicking the down arrow sorts the column in descending order. Clicking the up arrow sorts the column in ascending order. Note: This option is disabled when the maximum number of sorted fields has been reached on the Sort tab.
View Sort Order
To view the sort order for the column, hover the mouse over the column name. This opens a tooltip that displays "<Field Name> is sorted <Ascending/Descending> and is the <Sort Order Number> sort level."