Custom Reports Deprecation: Cornerstone will be deprecating the legacy reporting solution "Custom Reports" in 2022. For more information, see the announcement in the February '21 release notes.
Important Preferences Note: The appropriate FTP or email delivery option must be enabled in Report Delivery Preferences in order for the report delivery functionality to work in custom reports. Report Delivery Preferences are configured by Division Organizational Unit (OU). If the options are not enabled for your OU, then they will not work in custom reports.
Check the FTP Delivery box to deliver a copy of the custom report to the FTP site specified in the Report Delivery Preferences. If this option is selected, you have the option to send the report in Comma Separated or Tab Delimited format. The maximum file size for this report is 25 MB.
The FTP Delivery option is only available if you have permission to schedule delivery of a report to an FTP site and if the Allow report to be sent to FTP preference is set in Report Delivery Preferences.
The naming convention for reports delivered to the FTP folder is the following:
[Report Title]_[Internal UserID]_[UTC Time in format MM_dd_yyyy_HH_mm]
- Report Title
- Internal UserID - This is the internal UserID of the user who created the report. This ID can be identified in the page URL when viewing the user's Universal Profile (e.g., TargetUser=xxxxx). This ID is different than the ID that is displayed in the user record; the internal UserID is the same ID that is used for APIs.
- UTC Date/Time - This is the UTC date and time at which the report was created in MM_dd_yyyy_HH_mm format.
Check the Email me box to deliver a copy of the custom report to your stored email address. The email is hardcoded and cannot be modified.
Only the creator of the report will receive an email; users with whom the report is shared will not receive an email. If this option is selected, you have the option to send the report in Comma Separated or Tab Delimited format. This option is only available if you have permission to schedule delivery of a report to an email address. The maximum file size for this report is 3 MB. The report is always sent as a .zip file.
Note: The stored email address is the address on your user record.
- See Create Custom Report - Sharing Tab.
- See Create Custom Report - Schedule Tab.
- See Troubleshooting Guide - Custom Report Delivery By Email.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Make sure that the Allow a copy of reports to be sent to creator's stored email address option is checked in Report Delivery Preferences for your OU.
- Make sure that the correct email address is on your user record.
- Make sure that the Deliver a copy of the report to my stored e-mail address every time it runs option is checked on the Delivery tab for the custom report.
- Make sure that you have configured the Schedule tab in the custom report to run the report on a scheduled basis. Or, refresh the report from the main custom reports page by clicking the Refresh option in the Actions column for the report.
- If the report has been shared with you, an email will not be sent. The email option on the Delivery tab does not apply to shared users.
Shared reports are not sent via email. The shared report is only available to you in your list of reports on the main custom reports page.
Shared reports are only visible if you have permission to view the report. For example, if a Custom Performance Review Report was shared with you, but you do not have permission to view Custom Performance Review Reports, then the report will not be available to you, even though it was shared with you. Contact your system administrator at your organization regarding permissions to view custom reports.
You can only copy a report that was shared with you if you have permission to create the same report type. For example, if a Custom Performance Review Report was shared with you, but you do not have permission to create Custom Performance Review Reports, then you will not be able to copy the report. However, you can export the report to Excel, print the report, create a text file, and view the report history and refresh the report.