Custom Reports Deprecation: Cornerstone will be deprecating the legacy reporting solution "Custom Reports" in 2022. For more information, see the announcement in the February '21 release notes.
The Summarized Report View page displays the report information for a custom report that contains summarized information. This page provides a functional and flexible view of the custom report, allowing you to select and deselect the fields that are displayed, edit the report, and export the report data.
To view the Summarized Report page, first create a custom report that is summarized. Then, once the report is saved and the data has been generated, click the Print icon on the Custom Reports page.
In the report, the user can only view data from OUs that they have permission to view, which is constrained by the View permission for the type of report they are viewing. Also, only values that contain data are displayed. Note: OUs at a higher level than those that contain data are only displayed as needed.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Assign Training||Grants ability to assign learning objects to the transcripts of those for whom the user is the assigned manager, approver or cost center approver. This is a manager/approver permission.||Learning|
|OU Goals - Create||
The constraints on this permission overwrite the constraints on the Goals - Create permission. That is, if a user has both permissions, then the constraints on the OU Goals - Create permission are applied.
|Performance - Administration|
The Report Information panel is expanded by default, but can be collapsed by clicking the arrow in the upper-right corner of the panel. The following information and options are displayed in the Report Information panel:
- Fields Displayed - This area displays each field name included in the report, organized in the order in which they are displayed in the report. The summarized fields are displayed on top, followed by the non-summarized fields. Each field has a checkbox to the left of it. When the checkbox is selected, the field is displayed in the Report Results panel. If the field is deselected, it is removed from the report display.
- All summary calculation fields are selected by default.
- Fields by which the report is summarized are not listed in the Fields Displayed section because they cannot be removed.
- Filters Applied - This displays the filters that are applied to the report.
- Edit Report - Click this button to edit the report. This opens the report creator in Edit mode. Note: This option is only available to users with the Create permission for the type of report they are viewing.
- If the report creator edits the report, the report is simply edited.
- If a user edits the report that is not the report creator, the report is copied and the user edits a copy of the report.
The Report Results section displays the report. All of the selected data fields are included in the report. If the report is summarized by OU, the summary data is only displayed at the top level OUs by default. Users can expand the top level to view details of child OUs if applicable. If View Hierarchy is selected, the Full Name column is empty until you expand an OU that contains users.
To expand an OU, click the arrow to the left of the OU name. Only OUs that the user has permission to view are displayed.
If the View Hierarchy option is not selected, then the data is presented differently. The data is first summarized by the "Summarize by" option. Expand the Summarize by category to view the data summarize by the "Then by" option.
The Actions drop-down contains the following actions:
- Share Report - Select this option to share the report. This opens the Edit Report - Schedule Report page. This option is only available to the report owner.
- Assign Training - Select this option to navigate to the catalog search page, where you can assign training. This option is only available if you have permission to assign training.
- Create Goal - Select this option to navigate to the Create Goal page, where you can create a goal. This option is only available if you have permission to create employee goals or create OU goals.
- Launch Review - Select this option to navigate to the Performance Review Administration page, where you can launch a review. This option is only available if you have permission to manage Performance Review Task Administration.
- Award Compensation - Select this option to navigate to the Compensation Task Administration page or to an off-cycle compensation task if assigned to the user.
Print and Export
Print and Export options are available from the View Report Details page.
Click the Print icon to export to either CSV (Comma Separated Values) or TXT (Text) file.
- From the "Format of data" drop-down list, select the appropriate file type.
- If the View as Hierarchy option was selected when creating the report, a "Choose OUs" drop-down list is also available. From this drop-down, you can select which OUs within the report you wish to export.
- Level of OUs included - If the Choose OUs option is enabled, you can then choose the levels of the OU to include.
- Include non-summary data - Select this option to include data that is not summarized in the report.
- Include summaries by (xxx) - Select this option to include data that is summarized by the "Then by" summary option that is set when creating the report. This option is only available if a "Then by" summary option was selected. If the View as Hierarchy option was selected when creating the report, then this option is automatically selected.
- Include grand summaries at bottom - Select this option to include grand summary totals at the bottom of the report. This option is only available if the "Include grand summaries at bottom" option was selected when creating the report.
Click the Export to Excel icon to export the data to an Excel file.