Custom Reports Deprecation: Cornerstone will be deprecating the legacy reporting solution "Custom Reports" with the July ’21 Release. For more information, see the announcement in the August '20 release notes and in the August '20 Release Summary & Matrix.
Below is a list of the available reports types in the custom reports tools and available field sections within each report type.
- Assignment: Assignment, User, Training, Transcript
- Certification: User, Training, Transcript, Certifications, User Status Information
- Compensation: User, Current Compensation, Compensation Task, User Status Information
- Competency: User, Competency, User Status Information
- Connect Communities: Community, Topic, Posting
- Connect (Old): Connect Profile, Community, Topic, Posting (This report type returns results on old Connect functionality)
- Curriculum Training: Curriculum, Training (Use this report to compare curriculum data from multiple system areas)
- Curriculum Transcript: Assignment, User, Training, Transcript, Training Request Forms, On the Job Training, Curriculum
- Development Plan: User, Dev Plan, Dev Plan Comments (available for organizations using the redesigned Development Plans functionality), User Status Information
- Engage Response: Campaigns, Questions, Responses
- Evaluations: User, Training, Transcript, ILT Session Schedule (Part Level), Evaluations, User Status Information
- Forms: User, Form Tasks, Form Attributes, Form Fields, Form Approvals
- Goals: User, Goal, Targets, Tasks, User Status Information
- Job Pool Succession: Job Pool Task, Position Criteria, Incumbent, Successor
- Multi-Module: All
- NASD User: User, Training, Transcript, FINRA User, Regulatory Approvals, User Status Information
- Observation Checklist: User, Checklists, Competency, User Status Information
- Onboarding: Form, Form Approval, Onboarding - This report allows you to create customized reports on employee onboarding data. The onboarding data can be used to make informed decisions about where new hires are having trouble in the onboarding process.
- Performance: User, Dev Plan, Competency, User Status Information
- Performance Review: User, Performance Review Task, Performance Review Step, Performance Review Section, Performance Review Question, User Status Information
- Playlist - Playlist, Training, User
- Recruiting: Requisition, User, Recruiting Agency, Compliance Questions (both default and custom compliance questions can be included in the report), Application Forms, Applications, Pre-Screening Questions, Historical Applicant Status, Interview Management and Scheduling, Offer Letter, Offer Letter Approval, Offer Letter Communication, Background Check, Cost Tracking, External Assessments, External Vendors, Selection, User Status Information, Calculated Fields
- Resume: User, Resume, User Status Information
- Succession: User, Succession Metrics & Planning, Career Preferences, User Status Information
- Talent Pool: Talent Pool, Talent Pool Modification History, Nominations, Nomination Modification History, User
- Test: User, Transcript, Test, User Status Information
- Training Form: User, Form Template, User Status Information - This report type returns results on old forms completed via a curriculum.
- Training Form Task: Training Form Task, Training Form Template, User, User Status Information - This report type returns results on old forms completed via form tasks.
- Training Plan: Training Plan Template, Training Plan, Training Request, Training Forecast, Organizational Unit, User, Training, User Status Information
- Training: User, ILT Session Schedule (Part Level)
- Training Unit Distributor: Assignment, Availability/Distribution
- Training Unit Key Code: Key Code, Assignment/Purchase
- Transaction: User, Training, Transcript, Transaction, ILT Session Schedule (Part Level), ILT Seat Allocation, ILT Facility, User Status Information (Note: This report only reports on inventory purchase transactions when the purchased learning object (LO) is added to the user's transcript. For LOs that were purchased using inventory, there is no monetary amount associated with the transaction that places the LO in the user's transcript. The amount is tied to the initial inventory purchase, which is not included in the report.)
- Transcript: User, Training, Transcript, ILT Session Schedule (Part Level), ILT Seat Allocation, ILT Facility, Training Request Forms, SF-182 Request, User Status Information
- User: User, ILT Instructors, Social Feedback, Peers, User Status Information
Recruiting Report Permission Note: The permission for creating Recruiting custom reports is not needed in order to view the Recruiting Module of the Multi-Module Custom Report. However, even if the user has permission to view the Recruiting Module and add the fields to the Multi-Module Custom Report, the data that is visible in the report is dependent upon the permissions needed to view the data within the system.
Recruiting Report Permission Constraints Note: The constraints for the Multi-Module report permission apply to the Recruiting Module section of the report. Constraints for the Multi-Module Custom Report are based on the organizational unit (OU) of the user listed in the report results, whereas constraints for Recruiting Custom Reports are based on the OU of the job requisition to which the user applied. Thus, if the permissions for Recruiting Custom Reports and Multi-Module Custom Reports have the same constraints configured, then the data displayed in the two report types can still differ. Click here for an example.
Recruiting Report External Applicants Note: External applicants who were hired but who did not become internal users through the Manage Hired Applicants page will not have their internal data tied with external data. This means that the Multi-Module Custom Report will not be useful for external applicants, because internal data cannot be tied to the user as a result of their 's internal account being created in a different way and not having the same user name as the external applicant data.
User's Direct Subordinate Constraint: For detailed information about the User's Direct Subordinate constraint, see the User's Direct Subordinate Constraint topic in Online Help.
Custom field descriptions are available for certain custom field types in the OnDemand Support folder:
- See Custom Reporting Field Descriptions - ILT Instructors Fields.
- See Custom Reporting Field Descriptions - ILT Session Schedule (Part Level) Fields.
- See Custom Reporting Field Descriptions - Training Request Forms Fields.
- See Custom Reporting Field Descriptions - Training Fields.
- See Custom Reporting Field Descriptions - Transaction Fields.
- See Custom Reporting Field Descriptions - Transcript Fields.
- See Custom Reporting Field Descriptions - User Fields.
Custom Report Templates
Custom report templates are available in the OnDemand Support folder. The templates provide basic set-up guidance to help you configure common custom reports.
- Custom Training Reports
- Custom Transcript Reports
- Custom Evaluations Reports
- Custom User Reports
- Custom Test Reports
Sample Field Types
Within each of these reports are columns that allow you to aggregate information in a variety of ways. Below is a sample list of types of fields available by section:
- Career Preferences - Comments, Completed, Date Career Profile Last Modified, Long-term Career Goal, Next Career Move, Relocation Areas, Willing to Relocate
- Competency - This is a dynamic area and is populated based on competencies created in Competency Models under Performance Management
- Compliance - Name of Certification, Current Status, Renewal Status, Credits Needed, Credits Earned, Training Area Name
- Connect - Connect Profile, Community, Topic and Posting sections
- Posting Average Rating field will pull in suggestion posting votes
- Posting Number of Ratings field for suggestion posting types will pull in the number of votes
- Comments will now pull in Responses if the posting is a forum or Q&A posting type
- Dev Plan - Approval Date, Date Created, Description, Due Date, Status, Title
- Evaluations - Evaluator's name, response, type of evaluation, type of question asked
- Form Task - Template Title, Status of Form, User Task Status, Start and End Date of Task for Form Submission
- Form Template - Question, Question Type, Question Response, Template Title
- ILT Session Schedule - All of the fields in this category refer to details of an ILT Session Part. Each part may have different times, locations, and instructors, so these fields allow users to report on that information. If any of the fields in the ILT Session Schedule field are activated, then a separate row for each session part will appear in the report output.
- Performance Report - Development plan fields will appear in this report type
- Resume - This section contains dynamically generated fields, based on the user who is generating the report. If a resume field is inactive, it is not available in the Resume section. If a resume section is inactive, then none of the resume fields that correspond with the section are available in the Resume section.Note: If a resume field is included in a custom report and is made inactive after the report is generated, then the inactive resume field continues to appear in the custom report.
- Succession Management - Includes fields for all custom metrics and fields created as well as Task Name of SMP task. The fields will display the most recent score or value found based on the user selected for the report
- Tests - Score Received, Max Attempts, Question ID, Question Category, Question Type, Section, Title, Version
- Max Attempts - Displays the maximum number of attempts that is currently allowed for that test. Please note that this number may have changed since the time the user took the test attempt.
- Question - Displays the text of the question answered. If the question is a multi-part question, only the main question is displayed, not the sub-parts.
- Question Correct Response - Displays the correct response for the question
- If the question is a multiple choice multiple answer question with multiple correct answers, then they are separated by commas
- If the question is a text-only question with multiple correct answers, then they are separated by commas
- Question User Response - Displays the response that the user selected. If it was a multiple choice question, the responses selected are separated by commas. If the user did not answer the question (but the question was on n test submitted by the user) then this field will display "Not Answered".
- Question User Response Correct - Displays "Correct" if the Question User Response equals the Question Correct Response and "Incorrect" if not.
- If the question is a text-only question with multiple correct answers, then the Question User Response only has to equal one of the listings in the Question Correct Response field
- Training - Type (what training type is it), Version, Locator ID (session only), Description, Active (whether or not the course is currently active in the course catalog). *Fields created in "Custom Fields for Training" will also appear in this area in alphabetical order within the standard list of fields available.
- Transaction - Cost Center Charge, Type, Training Price, Delivery Fee, Processing Fee, Withdrawal Charge
- Transcript - Completion Date, Due Date, Registration Date, Score, Status, Time in Training (how much time was spent by the user in the course)
- Assign Comments - Will display comments made from a proxy enrollment assignment.
- Registration Number - The number represents the incremental registration number for recurring training. Each new registration will increase the registration by one. Use minimum and Maximum to get the most recent or oldest registration or include all. Note: Registration Number will not increment in the following scenario, thus making it possible to have two of the same registration number: If a new version of the training is assigned to a user when the user had the old version of the same training in any status that is NOT Complete. In this scenario, it is expected the user will have two line item registrations in the report, with the same registration number.
- User - Username, User ID, Original Hire Date, Manager Name, User Status (whether or not the user is active or inactive). This area can also include custom user fields that are fed over via client feed.
Note: If the "Location" or "Instructor" fields are selected in the Training category for an ILT session, then they will list the location and instructor for the first part of the session, even though these may differ for a multi-part session. To list the instructors and locations of each part of a session, the "Part Location" and "Part Instructor" fields must be selected in the ILT Session Schedule category.