Frequently Asked Questions - Automated Candidate Progression
This page provides a list of frequently asked questions about automated candidate progression.
Pre-employment verifications are third party EDGE integrations that provide services specifically around Recruiting. They include things like background checks and skill assessments. With this enhancement, the services for these integrations can be auto-assigned when a candidate reaches the application status that is associated with the pre-employment verification.
Take the following steps to get auto-assigned pre-employment verifications:
- Go to the Edge Marketplace and purchase one or more of the third party integrations that are used for pre-employment verifications. Note: The vendor must be able to send "Pass" or "Fail" values to Cornerstone.
- Activate the integration from Edge Integrations.
- Go to Feature Activation Preferences and self-enable the Auto-Assignment, Auto-Progression, and Auto-Disposition functionality.
- Go to a requisition template or the default requisition template and configure the Auto-Trigger Pre-Employment Verification section in the Status list on the General tab. This section lets you select pre-employment verifications for statuses.
- Create a requisition using that requisition template.
- When candidate is moved to the appropriate status, the pre-employment verification will be automatically assigned.
Candidates can launch pre-employment verifications from the following:
- Career Site > My Profile page
- Assign Integration Assessment Email - This email is available in Email Administration and must be configured by an administrator.
No. While you do not need to enable this feature to get the package columns, you will need to add the integration columns to Manage Applicants via the Edit Page Layout page.
Any active status can include a pre-employment verification. However, it is a best practice not to add one to the Hired status.
This will depend on the vendor. The vendor will be responsible for the validity period of the background check across multiple requisitions. Background checks cannot be resubmitted for the same applicant in the same requisition, unless that applicant re-applies for the same requisition.
Yes. If the preference is enabled in General Preferences to allow candidates to re-apply, then a candidate can re-apply for the same requisition. When a candidate re-applies they will be able to retake their assessments and be resubmitted for any other pre-employment verifications.
When there are two verifications for a single status, meaning one verification assignment requires a manual check and the other does not, the auto progress will have to wait for the integration without auto-progression to be returned from the vendor. Once both integrations are returned, the candidate can progress automatically.
A failed result will always trump an auto progression.
No. the Data Load Wizard cannot be used to load the configuration of auto-assignment, auto-progression, or auto-disposition on the requisition template level. However, individual requisitions can be loaded.
The pre-employment verification is assigned at the time the candidate enters the status. If the pre-employment verification needs to be sent after an offer is sent or accepted by a candidate, it is recommended that you have a status after the Offer Letter status.
Additionally, if all pre-employment verifications are returned prior to the offer letter being signed by the candidate, then the candidate will be moved to the next status, regardless of whether or not they signed the offer letter.
No. A duplicate check will occur so that integrations can only be set once.
No. There will be no ability to define a set number of applicants who can be invited to take the assessment.
No. Pre-employment verification results will only appear in reporting and on the Manage Applicants and Applicant Profile pages. This feature may be included on the Manage Candidates page in a future release.