Training Removal Job - Create - Step 1 - Training
Note: Only one LO can be added per training removal job, and only the most recent version of the LO will be removed from users' transcripts.
To create a new training removal job, go to. Then, click the link.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Bulk Training Removal - Manage||Learning - Administration|
|Training Removal Catalog - View||This permission enables constraining of training removal requests to learning objects that are available to the administrator as a user when searching for training. This permission works in conjunction with the Bulk Training Removal - Manage permission. This permission can be constrained by User and LO Availability. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
Use the search fields and filters to search for a LO to add to the training removal job. Only LOs that are active and within the administrator's constraints for the permission to view the training catalog are displayed. The following search filters are available:
- LO Type - Select the appropriate LO type checkboxes to search for a particular LO type. Only LOs that are the selected LO types are returned in the search results. Use the link to select or deselect all LO types.
- Title - Search for LO by title. You can enter all or part of the LO title. All available LOs with a title that matches the criteria are returned.
- Description - Search for LO by description. You can enter all or part of the LO description. All available LOs with a description that matches the criteria are returned.
- Provider - Click this field to open the Search Providers pop-up and select a particular LO provider. Only available LOs from the specified provider are returned.
- Language - From the Language drop-down list, select the language of the LO. Only available LOs with the selected language are returned.
- Locator Number - Search for a session LO by locator number. This field is only available if the Events LO type is selected. All available events with a session that has a matching locator number are returned.
- Location - Click this field to open the Select Location pop-up and select a particular session location. This field is only available if the Events LO type is selected. All available events with a session that has a matching location are returned.
Select Learning Object
After searching for a learning object, the search results appear below in the Results section. An overview of the training is displayed. Click the training title to view the LO details. Click the Add Training icon to the left of the training item to add it to the training removal job.
Once a LO is added, it appears above the search results in the Selected Training section. You cannot add more than one LO to a training removal job. However, if you click the Add Training icon for a different LO in the search results, the existing LO in the Select Training section is replaced with the newly selected LO.
Note: If the LO selected has multiple versions, only the version selected for the training removal job is removed from users' transcripts. Other versions of the training on users' transcripts are not affected.
When a curriculum is selected during this step, the curriculum appears in the Selected Training section with a Remove training within the Curriculum option below the curriculum title. Selecting this option allows you to ALSO remove child learning objects (LOs) contained within the curriculum from users' transcripts. This option is not selected by default. To enable this setting, check the box for Remove training within the Curriculum. Note: The entire curriculum, including its child training, remains intact when removed via the Training Removal Tool, Learning Assignment Tool, or by manual transcript removal. This preserves the structure of the removed curriculum and eliminates the need for transcript cleanup. Upon reassignment, the intact curriculum moves to the Active tab of the user's transcript.Important: This behavior only applies to curriculum child training items which are in a non-completed status. In other words, if a curriculum child training is in a Completed, Completed Equivalent, or Exempt status, it will not remain intact within the curriculum; it will remain as a standalone completed training item on the Completed tab of the user's transcript. Similarly, upon reassignment of the curriculum, these completed training items will remain as standalone items on the Completed tab.
Note: If the child training contained within a curriculum cannot be removed from the user's transcript due to an exception in this scenario, it remains as a standalone LO on the user’s transcript, and the due date for the child LO, if any, is removed. If the LO is within another curriculum on the User’s transcript and left as standalone, it will then inherit the Due Date set for the LO in the curriculum structure.
The due date behaviors for LOs that cannot be removed are:
- If the LO has no parent LO, the due date is set to “No Due Date.”
- If the LO has one or more parent LOs:
- If the LO has one parent, the due date is set as the parent’s due date. If the parent LO has no due date, the child LO due date is set to “No Due Date.”
- If the LO has multiple parent LOs, due date is set as the minimum due date from the parent. For example, if the due date of Parent 1 is 3/1/2017 and the due date of Parent 2 is 1/1/2017, then the due date for the child LO is 1/1/2017).
After selecting the LO, click See Training Removal Job - Create - Step 2 - Users.to proceed to the Users step.