Removing Events and Sessions from Users' Transcripts
- The Training Removal Tool can only remove an event from a user's transcript if there are currently no active sessions of the event on the user's transcript. If the administrator wants to remove an event from a user's transcript, but a session for the event is active on the user's transcript, the administrator must first remove the session before they are able to remove the event using the Training Removal Tool. This behavior also applies to events removed manually and via dynamic removal.
- Example: Mary attempts to remove an event called Customer Service 101 from a user's transcript, because the user no longer needs to attend that training, which is occurring in one week. However, because the session the user signed up for is still active on their transcript, Mary is not able to remove the event learning object (LO). She must first remove the scheduled session from the user's transcript, and then she can remove the event.
- When an administrator removes events and sessions from a user's transcript, and these events and sessions are contained within a curriculum on the user's transcript, the system removes the sessions from the user's transcript before also removing the events. Note: Removing a session only does NOT impact the associated event on a user's transcript. When only a session is removed from the transcript, the related event remains on the transcript unless removed separately.
- Example: Mary is removing a curriculum which contains an event from a user's transcript. When the training removal job processes, any sessions of this event are removed from the user's transcript before the event itself is removed from the transcript. By the time the job finishes processing, both the event and any related sessions are removed from the user's transcript.
- It is now possible to remove sessions from users' transcripts without also removing the associated event (previously, if a session was removed, the associated event was also removed).
- Example: Mary wants to remove a specific session from a user's transcript, but NOT the event the session is associated with. When she runs a training removal job to remove the session, the event automatically remains on the user's transcript.
See below for some common questions and answers related to this enhancement:
Q: Is it possible to remove an event AND its session from a user’s transcript at the same time?
A: Only if the event and session are contained within the same curriculum. If the event or session are part of other curricula, or are standalone items on the user's transcript, the session and event must be removed separately, and the session must be removed before the event is removed.
Q: If you remove a session, is the associated event also removed?
A: No, UNLESS the session and event are contained in the same curriculum (see the question above). Otherwise, the session and event must be removed separately, and the session must be removed before the event is removed.
Q: Why can’t I remove an event from a user’s transcript?
A: If the event has active sessions, and the session is also on the user’s transcript, it cannot be removed. You will need to first remove the session before you are allowed to remove the event.