The My Account Preferences page allows you to select which custom fields display in My Account by OU. You can define how they are used and if they are required. You can also customize the names of the tabs that appear in My Account, though you cannot omit any of them.
To modify My Account Preferences, go to.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
The My Account Preferences page is separated into two tabs:
- Tabs - The Tabs page enables administrators to define the display names of the My Account tabs, as well as enable the Facebook and LinkedIn settings for the Social tab. See My Account Preferences - Tabs.
- Settings Fields - The Settings Fields page enables administrators to define the User Record contact and custom fields that will display on the Preferences > Settings tab in My Account. See My Account Preferences - Settings Fields.
Select this option to overwrite custom settings for child division OUs. If you overwrite custom settings for child division OUs, the selected settings are applied to both new and existing child OUs. Any previously customized child OUs are updated with the selected settings.
- If there are no customizations to the child OU, then the parent OU customizations are applied to all child OUs.
- Overwrite custom settings checkbox setting
- If this option is selected, all child OU customizations are deleted from the database, which means the parent OU customizations will be applied to new and existing child OUs.
- If this option is unselected, all existing child OU customizations will remain unchanged, and any new child OUs will inherit the parent OU customizations by default.
- If a child OU has been customized to display any widgets, then regardless of the parent OU customizations, the child OU customizations are applied.
- If a child OU has been customized to hide all widgets, then parent OU customizations will take precedence and will be applied.
Once all preferences are set, click.