Mobile Preferences can be set by Division, so different mobile preferences such as Theme can be configured for each Division.
To access Mobile Preferences, go to.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Mobile Preferences||Grants ability to manage Mobile Preferences. This permission cannot be constrained.||Mobile|
Select or deselect the Enable Mobile Access option to enable or disable the Cornerstone Mobile® application.
When this option is selected, when a user attempts to log in to the mobile application via SSO, the authentication occurs within the mobile application rather than a mobile browser. When this option is not selected, the authentication occurs in a mobile browser. By default, this option is not selected.
Note: Each feature is only available if it is enabled in the portal. For example, the Observation Checklists feature only appears on this page if observation checklists are enabled for the portal.
The Features section contains the following columns:
- Include - Select the checkbox to include the feature in the Cornerstone Mobile® application.
Note: If a feature is included, but the user does not have permission to access the feature, then the feature is not available in the mobile application.
- Feature - This column displays the name of the feature.
- Landing Page - Select this option to make the corresponding feature the landing page for the Cornerstone Mobile® application. When a user logs in to the mobile application, this feature is displayed. Only one feature can be selected. Also, a feature can only be selected if it is included in the mobile application. Note: The Social Feedback feature cannot be selected as the landing page. If a feature is selected as the landing page, but the user does not have permission to access the feature, then the default landing page is the user's mobile profile page.
- Description - This column displays a description of the feature.
The Mobile Application Theme section allows administrators to define a custom theme for the Cornerstone Learn app. Configure the following options to customize the app theme and logo:
- Corporate Color - This option enables administrators to define the primary color which will be used on the Log In screen for both iOS and Android, and in the apps navigation on Android. Enter the hex value in the alphanumeric text box. Or, select a color by clicking the button.
- Upload corporate logo for title bar - This option enables administrators to upload a logo. Click to upload a logo image from your computer. The image dimensions must be 144 x 88 pixels. Please see the section below for other guidelines on how to create your logo for the app. After selecting the logo image, click to upload the image to the portal.
- Select corporate logo for title bar - This option enables administrators to select a previously uploaded logo. From the drop-down list, select a logo that has previously been uploaded.
See the infographic below for more logo image guidelines:
Mobile Application Theme Impact
The branding and customization options you configure via Mobile Preferences have the following impact on the Cornerstone Learn app:
Your Mobile Application Theme configurations in Mobile Preferences impact the Android version of the Cornerstone Learn app pages and features in the following ways:
- The top navigation bar of the app changes to the chosen corporate color.
- The button for the app changes to the chosen corporate color.
- The logo you uploaded displays in the navigation drawer and on the Log In page. Note: If no logo has been provided via Mobile Preferences, the Cornerstone log displays by default.
Your Mobile Application Theme configurations in Mobile Preferences impact the iOS version of the Cornerstone Learn app pages and features in the following ways:
- The button for the app changes to the chosen corporate color.
- The logo you uploaded displays in the navigation drawer and on the Log In page. Note: If no logo has been provided via Mobile Preferences, the Cornerstone logo displays by default.
A Cornerstone splash page will display while the Cornerstone Learn app is loading the Log In screen. This splash screen displays for both iOS and Android.
To configure a custom link within the Cornerstone Learn app, populate the following fields:
- Link Text - Add text that will be included with the custom navigation link. The character limit for this field is 40 characters.
- URL - Enter the URL for the page you want to add as the custom link.
- Icon - Select the icon that should be displayed with your link from the drop-down menu.
The Custom Disclaimer section allows you to enter a custom disclaimer that will display to all users within the associated Division Organizational Unit (OU) after they have logged in to the Cornerstone Mobile app. In order for the disclaimer to display to users, it must be activated in Mobile Preferences.
A learning manager has to make sure that no employee from the company’s 610 stores takes trainings outside of work hours. This task is particularly difficult since most employees have the app installed on their own devices.
When the learning manager creates the custom disclaimer, an employee can see the disclaimer as soon as they are authenticated in the app. They must acknowledge that they are using the app during their work hours.
To create a disclaimer:
- Enter the disclaimer message in the text box in the Custom Disclaimer section. The text box has no character limit. If multiple languages are enabled for your portal, select the Translate icon to translate the field into other available languages.
- Check the Display disclaimer upon login for users in this OU box. Note: You can save the disclaimer without checking the box. This is helpful in situations when you would like to have disclaimer text created but do not yet want the disclaimer to appear to users.
- Click at the bottom of the Mobile Preferences page.
When the disclaimer is enabled, users will see the disclaimer after they log in to the app. Abutton is automatically added to the disclaimer in the app. Users must tap in order to use the app.
Choose whether to overwrite custom settings for child division OUs. If you choose to overwrite custom settings for child division OUs, the selected settings are applied to both new and existing child OUs. Any previously customized child OUs are updated with the selected settings.
If this option is unselected, then only the child OUs that do not have customized settings will be updated, as well as any OUs that are added in the future.
A child OU that has not been customized always inherits from the parent, regardless of whether this option is selected.
An OU is considered customized if its preferences or settings have been changed.
Save, Restore Defaults, or Cancel
Click thebutton to save the preferences settings.
Click thebutton to restore the preferences to the default settings.
Click thebutton to cancel the changes to the preferences settings.