The Mobile Dashboard Widgets preferences page allows administrators to customize the look and feel of the mobile dashboard. Administrators can enable or disable the visibility of any widget in the mobile dashboard. Administrators can also customize the look and feel of the dashboard by uploading and selecting icons for each widget and naming the widgets.
Jitendra Kumar is the manager of Learning Technology. His organization is divided into four different groups of learners. He wants to be able to direct each group to specific Featured Learning courses.
With custom widgets, he can create as many widgets as he wants, customize them with their own icons and words, and directs employees to the trainings that will be most relevant to them.
In addition, he can customize the existing widgets so that the dashboard fully reflects his organization's branding.
Note: The mobile dashboard must be enabled via Mobile Preferences in order for the dashboard to appear for users in the mobile app.
To access the Mobile Dashboard Widgets page, go to.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Mobile Dashboard Administrator||Allows system admins to create/ updated and delete widgets.||Mobile|
The Upload Widget Icons section allows you to upload icons that can be added to a widget in the dashboard.
To upload an icon:
- Click . This opens your file folders on your computer from which you can search for and select a file. The field accepts .gif, .jpg, .png, .tif, or .tiff file types. The icon must be 55px by 55px.
- Once the file is selected, it appears as a preview above the button.
- Click Upload to upload the icon. You can upload up to three icons at a time.
There is no limit to the number of icons that can be added.
The Mobile Dashboard section allows you to add up to 12 widgets to the dashboard. All widgets are system-created but can be renamed and assigned a different icon.
The widgets that are available are dependent upon the functionality in your portal. For example, the Featured Training widget is only available for portals with Learning enabled.
The Choose a widget drop-down allows you to select a widget to add to the dashboard.
To add a widget to the dashboard:
- Click the Choose a widget drop-down.
- Select a widget from the list. The widgets that are available are dependent upon the functionality in your portal. Only the Featured Training widget can be added more than once.
- Click . This adds the widget to the dashboard. Once the widget is added, you can configure the widget name and icon.
To enable the Engage widget on the Mobile Dashboard:
- On the Mobile Dashboard preferences page, toggle the Turn On Engage Widget switch to the on position.
- Click the button at the bottom of the Mobile Preferences page. The Engage widget will be available to mobile users after saving.
The name and icon can be changed for any widget.
To change the name:
- Enter a different name in the text box, up to 35 characters. The widget must have a title.
- If multiple languages are enabled for your portal, select the Translate icon to translate the field into other available languages.
To change the icon:
- Click the Select an Icon drop-down.
- Select an icon from the list. The icons that are available have been uploaded to the Upload Widget Icons section.
- The widget that is selected appears to the right of the drop-down.
Click the X icon in the upper-right corner of the widget to remove the widget.
You can add the widget back to the dashboard by selecting it from the Choose a widget drop-down.
Featured Training Widget
The Featured Training widget is available for portals with Learning enabled. The widget can be added to the dashboard multiple times and allows you to select one training item per widget to be featured in the widget. When users view the widget in the mobile app, they can tap the training to open the training details.
To add a training item to the Featured Training widget:
- Click in the Featured Training widget. This opens the Search Training pop-up.
- Search for and select the training. You can filter the search by training type using the Training Types drop-down.
- Click the training title. This adds the training to the widget. Only one training item can be added per Feature Training widget.
To add another Featured Training widget, follow the steps above. You can add as many Featured Training widgets as you like, not to exceed the 12-widget total limit for the mobile dashboard.
Clickto save the changes to the preferences.
Clickto cancel the changes to the preferences.