The Language Preferences is used to select a default language for users. Additionally, administrators can choose whether users are able to change the language in which their portal is displayed.
To manage Language Preferences, go to.
From the drop-down menu, select the default language for the portal or organizational unit (OU).
Allow Users to Change Language
Select this option to allow users to change their portal language. When enabled, users can change their display language from the Preferences tab within My Account. See My Account - Preferences - Settings.
A list of all available languages is available within Online Help. See Globalization Overview.
Select this option to overwrite custom settings for child division OUs. If you overwrite custom settings for child division OUs, the selected settings are applied to both new and existing child OUs. Any previously customized child OUs are updated with the selected settings.
- If there are no customizations to the child OU, then the parent OU customizations are applied to all child OUs.
- Overwrite custom settings checkbox setting
- If this option is selected, all child OU customizations are deleted from the database, which means the parent OU customizations will be applied to new and existing child OUs.
- If this option is unselected, all existing child OU customizations will remain unchanged, and any new child OUs will inherit the parent OU customizations by default.
- If a child OU has been customized to display any widgets, then regardless of the parent OU customizations, the child OU customizations are applied.
- If a child OU has been customized to hide all widgets, then parent OU customizations will take precedence and will be applied.
Select thebutton to save any changes to the Language Preferences.