To modify development plan preferences, go to.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Development Plan Preferences - Manage||Grants the ability to manage Development Plan Preferences, where various Development Plan features can be enabled or disabled according to the needs of the organization. This is an administrator permission.||Performance - Administration|
The following options are available in the User Allowances section:
- Allow users to select a Development Plan Template - Select this option to enable the link when creating a development plan. This link appears on the Manage Development Plan page. Development plan templates can be created by administrators from the Development Plan Templates page.
- Allow users to view their current transcript learning objects while viewing merged development plans - Select this option to display training items from a user's transcript as learning objects in merged view.
- Display merged view of user's individual development plans - Select this option to allow users to view a merged view of their development plan. When selected, a link appears on the Manage Development Plans page. The merged view displays all of the user's development plans in a single view.
- Allow users to participate in a threaded discussion about the development plan - Deselect this option to disable the ability to participate in a threaded discussion within a development plan. This option applies to all development plans of any users within the selected OU. When this option is deselected, all development plans within the selected OU appear without the comment control.
- If a development plan is assigned, the ability to comment within that development plan is determined by the assignee's OU settings, not those of the assigning user.
- Note: Existing development plans are affected by the enhancement. If this option is selected for an OU, commenting is disabled for all existing development plans that are created by or assigned to users within the selected OUs.
- Permanently delete all comments from development plans XX Days/Weeks/Months after the following events (whichever event occurs first will be used):
- Completion Date
- Target/Due Date
The numeric field has a default value of 1 and accepts up to three digits between 0 and 9. The drop-down field has a default value of Day(s) and allows you to choose when comments will be deleted, either within a period of days, weeks, or months following the plan's completion date or target/due date. Both the numeric field and drop-down are editable prior to activating the Permanently delete all comments from development plans box.
The Completion Date and Target/Due Date checkboxes below the field are grayed out and checked by default. When both date options are selected, the system uses the first occuring event to schedule comment deletion. Comment deletion is permanent. They are not editable until the Permanently delete all comments from development plans option is checked. Checking the Permanently delete all comments from development plans option opens the following confirmation pop-up:
Clicking Permanently delete all comments from development plans box and select in the confirmation pop-up.enables the Completion Date and Target/Due Date checkboxes to be selectable. You can then choose to keep both boxes checked or uncheck one. If you uncheck both boxes, then the checkmark in the "Permanently delete all comments from development plans" box is also removed. In this case, in order for the Completion Date and Target / Due Date boxes to be selectable again, you must recheck the
Clicking in the confirmation pop-up cancels the action, leaving the Permanently delete all comments from development plans box unchecked and the Completion Date and Target/Due Date checkboxes grayed out.
Upon clicking Submit, the preference changes take effect. Clicking Cancel cancels the changes.
- Comments deleted from a development plan cannot be restored. As soon as you save the preference change, all comments in plans that have a Complete or Past Due status are removed and cannot be restored.
- Comments are only deleted from development plans that have a status of Complete or Past Due. However, if a learning object or action step is added to the plan and comments have been configured to delete but have not yet been deleted, the comment deletion date is reset.
- Comments within the same development plan can be deleted multiple times. For example, if a plan is configured to have its comments deleted upon completion and the plan's status is Complete, the comments are deleted. However, if the plan is 1) appended, and 2) the status changed to In Progress, and 3) completed at a later date, then any comments entered during the new In Progress status are deleted when the plan meets the deletion criteria.
- If the numeric field is set to "0," comments are deleted the moment the plan's status changes to Complete or upon approval of completion, if required. If the numeric field is set to greater than "0," deletion of comments occurs roughly that number of days, weeks, or months after the deletion is triggered.
- The preference "Allow users to participate in a threaded discussion about the development plan" is unaffected. This preference setting only hides or displays comments; it does not delete them. If comment are configured not to display and the plan is set to have comments deleted, the comments are permanently deleted.
- Include recommended training from: Competency Models, Competency Assessment, Past Plans - Select each source from which you'd like to include recommendations. For example, if you select Competency Assessment, the system allows users to view recommendations based on their competency assessment. The recommendations appear on the View Recommended Training page.