The Manager Allowances section of the Development Plan Preferences page allows administrators to define how managers can administer development plans for their subordinates.
To access development plan preferences, go toand go to the Manager Allowances section.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Development Plan Preferences - Manage||Grants the ability to manage Development Plan Preferences, where various Development Plan features can be enabled or disabled according to the needs of the organization. This is an administrator permission.||Performance - Administration|
Select one or more of the following options:
- Allow managers to create and assign Development Plans for their subordinates - Select this option to enable the Assignment Selection Criteria option on the Create Development Plan page, enabling managers to create and assign development plans to their subordinates.
- Allow managers to edit their Development Plans for their subordinates - Select this option to allow managers to edit development plans from the Approve Development Plan page. Deselect this option to prevent managers from modifying their subordinate's plans.
- Allow managers to approve/deny multiple development plans at once - Select this option to allow managers to approve or deny more than one development plan at a time. Selecting this option also enables the Check All/Uncheck All option on the Approve Development Plans page. If this option is not selected, managers must approve or deny development plans one at a time.
- Allow managers to cancel development plans for their subordinates - Select this option to allow managers to cancel development plans for their subordinates when necessary. This option is unchecked by default. If this option is selected, Managers will see a "View Development Plan" option when managing a user's development plan.
- Plans must be approved by - Select this option if approval is required for new development plans, edits to existing plans, or to cancel plans. Select the role that is responsible for approving these development plan actions. This person receives an email alert (if the corresponding email is active) when one of these events occurs and an item appears in their Approve Development Plan page. This can be set to the user's Manager, Approver, or a custom role. If manager or approver is selected, this is the manager or approver that is specified in the user's user record. If no one is assigned to this role, these actions are automatically approved. See Security Role - Create. If this option is not selected, then development plans do not need approval and no emails are triggered and sent to the approver role.
- If this setting is changed (e.g., from manager to a custom role) and there are existing plans pending approval, the old approver is still responsible for approving the plan. The new approver has no knowledge of existing plans pending approval.
- If the user gets a new manager or if a new person moves into the approver role, the new approver receives an email for any plans still pending approval. The old approver no longer has the ability to approve or deny the plans.
|Last Published: 9/10/2021||If you have feedback or suggestions for an Online Help article, please select this link.||© 2021, Cornerstone OnDemand|