Administrators can configure the following features for learning playlists via the Playlist Preferences page:
- Creator Information
- Follower Information
- External Content
To access the Playlist Preferences page, go to:and click the link.
Important: Learner Home must be enabled in the portal in order for Playlist and External Content functionality to be available.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Playlist Preferences||Grants access to the Learning Playlist Preferences, where administrators can configure settings for the Playlist feature.||Learning - Administration|
In the Creator Information section of the Playlist Preferences page, administrators can use the Display creator information toggle switch to enable or disable the display of creator information on playlists. To allow the playlist creator's image and biography summary to display with their playlists, leave the switch in the On (green) position. To prevent the playlist creator's image and biography summary from displaying with their playlists, toggle the switch to the Off (gray) position.
The Display Follower Information setting determines whether or not follower information displays on the Playlist Details page of a playlist. Information included about followers includes the followers' names, profile photos, and positions. To allow follower information to display on the Playlist Details page for playlists, leave the Display Follower Information switch toggled to the On position. To prevent follower information from displaying, toggle the switch to the Off position. Note: The number of followers displays on the Playlist Details page and playlist tiles regardless of this preference setting.
External content can be added to playlists. Using the Enable Duration Fields setting, external content can be accompanied by Duration fields, which playlist creators can use to indicate the duration time of the external content. To allow creators to populate the duration for external content they have added to playlists, leave the Enable Duration Fields switch toggled to the On position. To hide the Duration fields for external content, toggle this switch to the Off position.
You can select default providers for both playlists and playlist external content in the Define Providers section. To set a default provider for either content type:
- Select the drop-down menu for the content type for which you want to define a default provider.
- Scroll through the system providers until you find the desired provider, then click the provider name.
- Click the button at the bottom of the page to save your changes. Your chosen default provider will be applied to the content type to which you made changes.
Select this option to overwrite custom settings for child division OUs. If you choose to overwrite custom settings for child division OUs, the selected settings are applied to both new and existing child OUs. Any previously customized child OUs are updated with the selected settings.
- If this option is unselected, then only the child OUs that do not have customized settings are updated, as well as any OUs that are added in the future.
- A child OU that has not been customized always inherits from the parent, regardless of whether this option is selected.
- An OU is considered customized if its preferences or settings have been changed.
Click thebutton at the bottom of the page to save any changes you have made to Playlist Preferences.