Content Launching Preferences
To access Content Launching Preferences, go to.
The Content Launching Preferences page is divided into the following sections:
- Compatibility Mode
- Content Launching Preferences
- Launch Message
The Internet browser compatibility mode for an online course determines which compatibility mode, if any, is applied when the online course is launched.
From the drop-down menu, select the default compatibility mode for newly uploaded courses. The selected option is set for newly uploaded courses. Administrators can choose to modify the compatibility mode in either Course Publisher or Course Catalog. Note: This setting only affects newly uploaded online courses. Also, this option only affects users using Internet Explorer; users using other browsers (e.g., Chrome, Firefox) are unaffected.
The following options are available:
- IE9 Compatibility
- IE10 Compatibility
This setting is only available when configuring Content Launching Preferences at the top division level. When configuring Content Launching Preferences for a division other than the top division level, the Compatibility Mode setting is not available.
Content Launching Preferences
The following options are available in the Content Launching Preferences section:
- Launch content in - Select how content is launched.
- Full Window - When this option is selected, content is launched in a full browser window based on the user's screen resolution.
- 800 x 600 Window - When this option is selected, content is launched in a browser window that is 800 pixels by 600 pixels.
- Use SSL - SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer and is a protocol that provides secure communications on the Internet for data transfers. Selecting this option enables content that supports SSL to send information securely over the Internet. Note: When creating a SCORM 2004 course, this option must be selected in order for the content to load and function properly.
- Allow user to download plug-ins - A plug-in is a computer program that interacts with your Web browser to provide a very specific function. Flash player and Shockwave are typical examples plug-ins. Selecting this option enables users to load plug-ins to play their course.
- Detect Shockwave automatically - If this option is selected, then when the user launches the training, the system automatically checks to see if the Shockwave plug-in is needed. If the user does not have the plug-in, they are prompted to download the plug-in.
- Launch additional instances in a new window - This option enables administrators to define how multiple instances of the same course are launched. When checked, new instances of the same course launch in a new window. When this option is unchecked and a user launches a new instance of the same course, the course reloads within the window in which the course is currently open.
The following options are available in the Launch Message section:
- Disable disclaimer - Selecting this option disables the launch message.
- Disclaimer first time message - Selecting this option displays the disclaimer message one time prior to the course start.
- Disclaimer everytime message - Selecting this option displays the disclaimer message each time prior to the course start.
- Disclaimer Message - Enter a message in the field. The field is HTML friendly, and the character limit is 2000.
Select this option to overwrite custom settings for child division OUs. If you overwrite custom settings for child division OUs, the selected settings are applied to both new and existing child OUs. Any previously customized child OUs are updated with the selected settings.
- If there are no customizations to the child OU, then the parent OU customizations are applied to all child OUs.
- Overwrite custom settings checkbox setting
- If this option is selected, all child OU customizations are deleted from the database, which means the parent OU customizations will be applied to new and existing child OUs.
- If this option is unselected, all existing child OU customizations will remain unchanged, and any new child OUs will inherit the parent OU customizations by default.
- If a child OU has been customized to display any widgets, then regardless of the parent OU customizations, the child OU customizations are applied.
- If a child OU has been customized to hide all widgets, then parent OU customizations will take precedence and will be applied.
Once all preferences are set, click.