|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Connect Preferences - Manage||
Enables users to configure Connect preferences. This is an administrator permission.
Note: This permission applies to the legacy version of Connect.
|Connect - Administration|
- Go to Admin page
- Click Preferences link
- Click Connect (by Division) under Connect Preferences
- Find and click applicable division from hierarchy
- User Profile Fields - click the Add User Fields icon
- Search and select up to 10 fields. Only user record standard and custom fields are available for selection.
- Position - the fields can be ordered by dragging and dropping them. By hovering over the field, the field will appear highlighted and can be moved
- Click Save
- User Profile - click icon on bar to expand/collapse the options
- Display user profiles - check to enable user profiles to be active and visible to users within Connect. Select user fields to display with Profile.
- Display User photos - check to display user photo in User Profiles and next to user postings and/or comments
- Allow user to hide profile - check to enable users to hide their profile entirely to other users within Connect
- Allow users to post profile comments - check to enable users to post comments on other user's profiles and delete comments from their own profile
- Allow users to post updates to their profile - check to enable user update feature. Users may add updates to their profile for others to view and comment on. Updates will appear within the Live Feed on Connect main page for all connected users.
- Favorites: Automatic Email Notification - check to send out an email notification when a user indicates a favorite Topic, Author, or Posting.
- Allow users to create a Connect Display Name - check to allow user to either display their system defined name in Connect or to create a unique Connect Display Name. A Connect display name will appear in all Connect pages where the user name would display. Note - this option is best used for an extended enterprise or retail model, where customers or vendors are self-registering and entering into the client's portal. This model allows those users to have anonymity when sharing ideas in Connect.
- Allow RSS Feeds - check to enable ability for users to subscribe to receive RSS Feeds on Connect updates. Feeds will display on an external feed reader and within the Connect Profile.
- User Profile Navigational Links - click icon on bar to expand/collapse the options
- Navigation Links - enter text to change titles of navigation links (limit 20 characters) NOTE: Profile page and View All pages off of profile are the only locations they will see these title changes. For instance, if Postings is changed to News, Connect search drop-down and Connect main page tab within the Live Feed will still say Postings.
- Translate icon - click to enter translated text into text boxes. (limit 20 characters)
- Additional Options - click icon on bar to expand/collapse the options
- Allow Rating system -check to enable the 5 start rating system for posting. Users can view ratings and rate postings. Suggestions, if enabled, will always allow ratings regardless of this setting
- Exclude Community Leaders from Community Members - check to exclude Community Leaders from Community Members. If not checked, this will allow users to view who the leaders of the Community that have been assigned through the Connect Community Administration page. By default, this will not be checked and therefore leaders will appear as members.
- Allow Users to edit postings - check to enable users the ability to edit their own postings after they have been posted. If enabled, edit icons will appear on user's posting pages when they navigate to them allowing them to edit the posting.
- Assign recipient to Profile Abuse Reports - check to enable the Report Abuse link on pages. Assign an individual contact to receive profile abuse reports. If specified contact changes their status to Absent, their manager will receive the abuse report email.
- Featured Blog - Check to display a featured blog on the Connect main page. If no blog is selected as the featured blog, the blog with the most recently created blog entry is displayed as the featured blog.
- Select a blog - If a blog selected is within a topic that is not visible to the end users, the featured blog widget displays the blog with the most recently created blog entry within a topic that is visible to the user. If there are no blogs within any topics that the user has permission to view, then this widget does not appear on the Connect main page.
- Select an author - the list of authors matches the list of authors that appear on the Authors tab of the Connect main page (In the Live Feed panel). If the selected author has not made any postings to a topic and end user can see, then the Featured Author widget will display to that end user instead the author who posted the most recent posting to a topic the end user can see. If there are no topics with any postings that the end user can see, then the widget on the main page does not display.
- Simple is the frequency of a tag used for one or more topics. A simple tag cloud is determining tag size and display in the cloud by the count/frequency of a tag used for a posting in a topic.
- Complex considers the tag frequency, the associated posting's number or views, and its ratings. Ratings are weighted heaviest of the 3 components.
Choose whether to overwrite custom settings for child division OUs. If you choose to overwrite custom settings for child division OUs, the selected settings are applied to both new and existing child OUs. Any previously customized child OUs are updated with the selected settings.
If this option is unselected, then only the child OUs that do not have customized settings will be updated, as well as any OUs that are added in the future.
A child OU that has not been customized always inherits from the parent, regardless of whether this option is selected.
An OU is considered customized if its preferences or settings have been changed.